Join Shona's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaJusta is happily married and is blessed with two children. Her business is farming and she enjoys it very much. What she loves most about it is when her produce does well a...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaKanha, is age 35 and married with two lovely children who are attending school. Kanha is an experienced farmer who has learned from her parents and other villagers to prod...Read their story >
- PoultryMadagascarDomoina continues raising broiler chickens. In spite of the problems she has had she is still tenacious. She was able to increase her financial capital with the loan she ac...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaGriselda is 27 years old. She is a humble, hardworking woman who is known in her community for her charisma.
Three years ago she wanted to start something, and ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is David, often described as an extremely experienced farmer. He is 55 years old and has 8 children. As a group leader, he is representing his group of 10 fa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shona, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,322 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.