Join Sarai's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesFlorinda is 63 years old and a single woman. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Florinda has a fish vending business in the Philippines. She requested a 9...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThis committee, called Kuña Katupyry, is in its second cycle. It is made up of 19 women, and it is a good, very solid group. All of the women are very responsible and have ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLucila is 51 years old and married with three children. With one child still in school, she works very hard to provide for her family.
Lucila runs a general sto...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesEvangeline is 55 years old, married and has two children, one of whom is in school. For the past six years she has raised pigs to earn a living in the Philippines.
Read their story >
- Fish SellingColombiaPiedad is a 42-year-old entrepreneur. She is currently single, has one son, and lives in the town of Carepa.
Everything she knows about selling food at retail sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sarai, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,672 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.