Join Mr. Hodgson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailCambodiaSom is 36 years old and is a married man with three children. He is buying and selling ice. His wife is selling eggs and sausage. He has been running this business for 10 y...Read their story >
- BeveragesFijiWhen Tropical Cyclone Yasa was forecasted to hit the northern islands of Fiji, Nomai did all she could to prepare her family and safeguard their home and property.
Read their story >
- CattleVietnamNgoan is 36 years old and married. She lives in Nong Cong District, an agricultural region in Thanh Hoa Province. She makes a living by farming rice and raising cattle an...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPauline is a 28-year-old single old mother of three school-going children living in Nandihills, an area endowed with natural streams and beautiful vegetation. She is a woma...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesLucrecia is 61 years old and has two children. Lucrecia is widow.
Lucrecia is in the agricultural business raising pigs in the Philippines. Lucrecia requested a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mr. Hodgson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,455 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.