Join Wendy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketSierra LeoneMusu is a 35-year-old businesswoman and a member of the Jui solidarity group. The Jui solidarity group has five members — three women and two men.
Musu sells pa...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- CerealsKenyaPatrick resides in Kiplabai, a remote village in the lush hills of Kapsowar in the Rift Valley of Kenya. As the key breadwinner in his family, he has practiced mixed farmin...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- General StorePhilippinesImelda is 49 years old and married with seven children. With two children in school, Imelda works very hard to provide for them.
Imelda runs a general store in t...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- RickshawPakistanAyesha is a 28-year-old married woman and a mother of three children; two attend an English-medium government school and the other is 1 year old. Ayesha is a housewife livi...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- SewingPakistanKishwar is 59 years old. She is married and lives with her spouse. She is the mother of two children. She has operated a handicraft handkerchiefs making business for seven ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Wendy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,521 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.