Join Wendy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Spare PartsHondurasDanlys is 22 years old, he is single and lives with his parents in a village located in Nueva Frontera municipality, Santa Barbara. He has his own business, a mechanics wor...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaAhamad is a maize farmer from Damari village. He is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous loan, Ahamad expec...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FarmingEcuadorRosa is 37 years old, married, and lives in San Lorenzo. She has 3 children, ages 18, 17 and 10. She works in the agriculture of corn cultivation. The money will be used to...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
- General StoreRwandaPercide is 27 years old and is married with children. Due to her experience and background, Percide was nominated as the group leader for Dufatanye. Percide is the one rais...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- FarmingKenyaAnnah is 53 years old and lives with her husband in the Kitale area of Kenya. She is blessed with four children who are her greatest motivators. She perseveres because she ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Wendy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,664 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.