Join Wendy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueAntónio is divorced and the father of 5 children, of whom 2 are in his responsibility, attending primary and secondary school. He is a bricklayer and lives in his own house...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- Higher education costsKenyaRamadhan, a 26-year-old student, may not boast of hailing from a reputable business family, but the environment in which he grew up is one that reflects a people committed ...Read their story >Funding via Digital Divide Data (DDD)
- HardwareKenyaSabina is a married woman. She has 2 children. She describes herself to be hardworking. She operates a retail business where she sells utensils. She has been involved in th...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- FarmingKenyaOlive is a 49-year-old farmer who does livestock and crop farming to provide for her family. Her family is composed of her, her hubby, and their five children. She enjoys f...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Fish SellingTanzaniaKasala is in his mid forties and is a fishmonger from the Lake zone, Tanzania. He is married with four children and he operates a small business that sells fresh fish to su...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
Kiva lenders, like Wendy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,010 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.