Join Sage's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesBoliviaThe "Amor de Dios Atocha" communal bank from the Uyuni office has nine members who know each other. The group is managed by a board that has Marcelina as chairwoman.
...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesVernalin is 32 years old and has three children. Vernalin is married and has three children who are in school.
Vernalin is in the agricultural business in the Ph...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPaul's Group is formed by 8 farmers in Alego District and is being represented by Paul, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 52 years old and has 8 children. Paul ...Read their story >
- SewingRwandaTriphonie is a 33-year-old mother of two children aged between 4 and 6 years old. For the past seven years, she has owned a sewing business.
She is the leader of...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanKonurzhan successfully repaid her earlier loan, she is grateful to the Kiva Foundation and to everybody who helped her with the financing. Her farm today has 4 cows and 1.8...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sage, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,383 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.