Join gem's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingHondurasCarmen lives in the town of Zapote with her family. She works selling staple goods. She also grows watermelon, which is her primary source of income. Because she sells h...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAdelaida is 63 years old and married with seven children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a fish vending business in the Philippines and reque...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFateia is a 41-year-old mother with seven children. She runs a small business selling tuna sandwiches and toasted sandwiches in her community to earn a living. She has been...Read their story >
- Food MarketTajikistanSharofat is a resident of the city of Kulob.
She is engaged in the wholesale purchasing and selling of a dairy product called "kurut". Sharofat has been in this...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesRosine is a married woman with four children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Rosine is 60 years old and has one child in school. She has a fish vending business i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like gem, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,057 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.