Join Russell's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesElena is a hardworking microentrepreneur. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
Elena requested a PHP 15,000 loan through NWTF to i...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesVanessa works hard to support two children. She is single and has a general store in the Philippines.
Vanessa requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to invest ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJohn is 42 years old and has 3 children. He has been a farmer for 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though John is the only one featured in ...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesTimor-LesteFlorentina is a 52-year-old married woman and a mother of six. She is a modest and hardworking woman with a very good understanding and lots of experience in business. She ...Read their story >
- FoodColombiaJohanna is a tenacious woman, a warrior of a thousand battles. She lives in the Marinilla municipality. She currently devotes herself to working in her business of sellin...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Russell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,807 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.