Join Russell's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailParaguayMonica is from the city of Coronel Oviedo. She makes a living selling basic goods. She mentions that she works every day, starting early in the morning as she makes her sal...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaMirriam is 25 years old and a mother of two children. She lives with her family in Wote, an area with hilly scenery that is good for camping and hiking. Mirriam is a mixed ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesTeresita is 68 years old and married with twelve children. Teresita works very hard to provide for them. She runs a general store in the Philippines.
Teresita r...Read their story >
- TextilesGuatemalaMaria, a 43 year old married mother of 6 children (aged 14 months to 19 years), is determined to move ahead. Her husband emigrated to the U. S. 2 years ago. Three of her ch...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorOlga is a good woman from the rural community of Chitan de Queles. She lives with her husband, who works in agriculture.
For her part, Olga suspended her little ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Russell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,242 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.