Join Russell's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingTimor-LesteThis is Maria, a modest and enterprising 34-year-old woman who has lots of knowledge and experiences selling second-hand clothing. Maria has been doing the business since 2...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRuth is 42 years old and married with three children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to se...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaSaminu is married and lives in a small community in Bauchi State where he grows maize to support his family. This is his second loan with Babban Gona, and he has been able...Read their story >
- FarmingNicaraguaJuan has a farm of 1.05 hectares, with coffee trees grown under the criteria for certification of FLO [fair trade]. He has grown coffee for more than ten years.
...Read their story >
- FarmingSenegalThis member has just profited from his first loan with this project. Issa is 35 years old and is married with three children, including one daughter. He has been a farmer, ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Russell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,110 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.