Join Christopher's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallPhilippinesYolanda is 62 years old and married, with seven children. With four children in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a food vending in the P...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorDiana Elizabeth is 29 years old, married, and has three children. Her husband is a driver. They live in Jaramijo, a canton that offers exquisite cuisine and beautiful bea...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesBernadette is 50 years old and has twelve children. She is married and seven of her children are in school.
She is in the agricultural pig fattening business in ...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanThis Rudaki resident is called Aslidin. He is married and has five children. Aslidin is 44 years old. His wife is a homemaker. Aslidin works for his family's sake. He has b...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaAs a caring woman, Hellen (21 years old) has always remained focused on the affairs of her life and how to earn a living at her young age. She is married and a mother of on...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Christopher, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,741 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.