Join Christopher's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesJubethel is 40 years old and single with four children in school, Jubethel works very hard to provide for them.
Jubethel runs a general store in the Philippines ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaHarriet needs a loan to buy construction materials like cement and sand to complete her house.
She is a hardworking woman with three children; two attend school...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesColombiaNatalia is 29 years old and lives in the municipality of Itagui. She’s a very talented woman who works selling products for personal use, something she started 9 years ago ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingTimor-LesteMateus is a fishmonger living in Dili, the capital city of East-Timor. Most of his daily income comes from selling fish, which he buys from fishermen. He has been doing thi...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanThis woman is named Gulchehra. She is 33 years old. She is from the Istaravshan region. Gulchehra is the mother of 2 children. She is a strong, hardworking woman.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Christopher, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,717 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.