Join Yen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPhilippinesVeata is 49 years old, married, and has three children.
She raises livestock and requested a PHP 23,000 loan through NWTF to buy feed and other supplies to rai...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAlice is a 42-year-old mom with an unending desire to achieve. She hails from a remote village in the Nyeri area of Kenya, where farming has been embraced as the primary ec...Read their story >
- RetailCosta RicaMaria Alejandra is an enterprising youth who is passionate about sales. She has a business selling clothing, accessories, and other items.
Maria Alejandra is ...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorAbandoned with 2 children, rather than being stuck, Betty on the contrary exerted herself working as a domestic and starting her own business selling beauty and household p...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorOscar Antonio is 35 years old and does not have children. He lives with his parents, who is supports financially.
He works as a security guard in his community....Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Yen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,761 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.