Join Yen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesLibrada is 58 years old and has three children. Librada is married, and one of her children is currently in school.
Librada is in the agricultural pig fattening ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Peres is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2016 and, although s...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesNigeriaAbubakar is a maize farmer living in a small village in northern Nigeria. Similar to other farmers in the region, his main income is from farming, which is perceived as non...Read their story >
- FoodSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 39-year-old Zainab from Waterloo 1 branch. She is married with three children between the ages of 2 and 19 years old, and two of them a...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanBatma, 56, is a widow. She has two children. Batma has a high school education and has been a farmer for over thirty years. Through her hard work, she now owns six cows.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Yen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,171 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.