Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CateringNicaraguaConcepcion (in the middle of the group in the light blue t-shirt) is the president of the "Luz Radiante" [Shining Light] association. She is 63 years old and has been a wid...Read their story >
- CraftsMexicoMarco, who works alongside his wife, Debora (pictured at left), is an artisan from Mexico who specializes in dichroic glass jewelry. He would like to invest in a bulk purch...Read their story >
- Electronics SalesMadagascarRandriamanantena is 39 years old. He is a widower with 4 children, 3 of whom are in school.
Randriamanantena has been selling electronic products since 2014. ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaInusa is married and lives in a modest mud house in a small village in Kaduna, Nigeria, with his wife, children and mother. Farming is the primary occupation within his gro...Read their story >
- BeveragesFijiBeing a mother to seven children is no easy job. However Jokaveti Saunaka is proving many critics wrong by seeking assistance to start up her own business. She is passionat...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,585 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.