Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesJordanSukaina is a Jordanian woman in her twenties and a mother of three children. Her husband owns a small coffee shop and she wanted to stand by her husband and share with him...Read their story >
- RestaurantPeruLas Vengadoras is a communal bank group which is in its fourth loan cycle. They have great desire to continue getting ahead. The group is made up of the president, treasure...Read their story >
- Fish SellingSenegalThis group was launched in February 2021 and consists of 5 brave women with strong bonds. Their primary activity is commerce.
Madame Mbissine is 46 and is the l...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorJuan is single and lives with his parents.
Juan cuts hair at his house since his customers come for his service. He also makes a living from farming and ranching...Read their story >
- RetailTajikistanSurayo is a married woman of 35. She lives with her husband and three children. For the past four years, she has been working in retail, selling fabric and various other th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,839 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.