Join Buildwithphil.com's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingLiberiaMeet 36-year-old Martha from Liberia. She is a married mother with 3 children, who are all schooling and live at home. Martha attended school up to college level. She runs ...Read their story >
- CattleKenyaKoyan, 32, is blessed with a fruitful marriage filled with four children, who are ten years and younger. He is very supportive of his family and strives to ensure that his ...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanZarina is a hard-working woman who raises livestock. She started 8 years ago. Zarina is married and has 4 children. Her husband helps her with cattle breeding. They share t...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSalina, a 61-year-old mom of 6 children, has never given up in the face of adversity. She is a hardworking mom who has always struggled to sustain her family, being the maj...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSolomon IslandsAlice wants to thank her Kiva lenders for their support with her previous loan which enabled her to purchase additional clothing for her business.
She had paid ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Buildwithphil.com, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,781 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.