Join Bengt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultrySenegalThe group was formed by affinity at the same time as the banc villageois in 2008. The members live in the same neighbourhood and the members all have good relationships wit...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMindaluz is 37 years old and has two children.
Mindaluz is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines. Mindaluz requested a PHP 14,000 loan th...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopUgandaJohn was born in Kyamamari, Bitooma in the Bushenyi District. He is a coffee farmer and trader, and to supplement his income he also has a butchery within the trading cente...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaMary is 51 years old. She is married and is blessed with children who are above 18 years. She has been in poultry farming and also running a cereal store selling items suc...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaMilagro is 64 years old, single, and a mother of six children. She sells donuts, Nicaraguan tamales, and fried pastries. Milagro started this business five years ago thro...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bengt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,168 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.