Join Bengt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodSenegalThe group was created in May 2008. It is made up of 8 women who live in the same neighborhood and have good relationships. They support each other and are dynamic given tha...Read their story >
- AgricultureBurkina FasoPewentaoré is the father of three children, one of whom is in school. He is a vegetable grower, and has been growing crops off season for over 10 years in a neighborhood o...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaFlorence is 37 years old. She is a widow blessed with three children. She has a cereal shop and has been in the business for 14 years.
She earns an average incom...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorJimy is a 26 year old man who lives with his family in the community of Carmelo where he works raising cattle and dairy cows which he takes good care of and are his main so...Read their story >
- BookstoreEl SalvadorMaría is single and has three children. One daughter lives with her and a granddaughter.
María has owned a small bookstore for the past three years. She lear...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bengt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,457 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.