Join Ryan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesNenita lives in the province Leyte. She is 55 years old and has three children. To earn an income, she runs a sari-sari (variety) store, selling basic commodities. She has ...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonParaguayBlanca Cecilia continues with her work in her beauty shop. She sys that it is going very well because she has an established clientele.
She says that she has d...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEcuadorGloria Mariuxi is a woman who works hard to earn an honest living with the store she started at home several years ago. She sells a variety of groceries and beverages and ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanMunir is a hardworking man with big ideas for the future. He was born in 1969 in Panjakent, Tajikistan. He is married and is a caring father to his children. He has had ext...Read their story >
- Fish SellingSamoaAneriueta is a 49-year-old mother with nine children. She runs a small business selling fish in her community and in the market to earn a living. She has been doing this fo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ryan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,323 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.