Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal ExpensesTajikistanGulraftor was born in 1987 and lives in Tursunzade, Tajikistan. She is married, and husband is a specialist in construction. She is a mother of five children. She has been ...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesMelinde is a married woman with five children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Melinde is 37 years old and has two children who are in school.
Melinde ha...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaWinny is 35 years old. She is married with four children. She has had dairy farming business for two years supplying milk and earning KES 20,000.
She has applie...Read their story >
- FoodPhilippinesCandelaria is a married woman with two children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Candelaria is 60 years old.
Candelaria has a frozen food buy-and-sell bu...Read their story >
- RetailLiberiaVictoria is 48 years old. She is married and has four children. All of her children are currently attending school while living at home. Her main source of income is her bu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,620 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.