Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Education providerArmeniaThis nice woman’s name is as nice as she is; her name is Venera and she lives in Vanadzor city of Lori region. She lives at this moment alone, since her husband is in the R...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Education providerArmeniaHasmik is a 36-year-old educator from Yerevan city. She provides accounting and English lessons at her house as well as at her students' homes. Hasmik works tirelessly, sin...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Grocery StoreHondurasBessy is 26 years old and married. She lives with her husband and daughter in a community in San Luis, Comayagua. She has been engaged in the business of selling food stapl...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- TailoringNicaraguaThis supportive group called "Nuevo Horizonte" (New Horizon) is composed of three entrepreneurial women who fight day after day to get ahead and maintain their businesses. ...Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
- AgricultureEcuadorGermán is young, 20-year-old man and lives in a common-law marriage with his partner. His home is rented. After finishing college, his father, who is a farmer, encouraged h...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,993 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.