Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEcuadorMirian is a lucky woman. She has a wonderful marriage where love, understanding, and mutual support prevail. She and her husband have worked in agriculture since they were ...Read their story >
- FishingTimor-LesteEvaristo lives in Btugede, Bobonaro district, where most communities earn a living through fishing.
He is in one of the communities that supports its families t...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Joash, often described as an extremely friendly person. He is 62 years old and has 6 children. As a group leader, he is representing his group of 9 farmer...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesKenyaThomas is 26 years old, married, and supports two people in his household. He is a livestock farmer and also sells shoes. Thomas has operated this business for 8 years and ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Catherine, often described as an extremely experienced farmer. She is 43 years old and has 8 children. As group leader, she is representing her group of 1...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,198 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.