Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallPhilippinesMaylyn is very thankful for the loan granted to her by KIVA in the amount of PhP 25,000 in which she used to buy more quail eggs, chicken balls, fish balls, dumplings and s...Read their story >Funding via SEED Center Philippines Inc.
- General StoreKenyaFlora is a married woman with 3 children. She describes herself to be God fearing. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, rice,flour, bread and other items. ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Clothing SalesColombiaRosiris is 38 years old and lives in the municipality of Sincelejo. She has a son who is 13 years of age and who is the light of her life. To give him a good quality of lif...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingKenyaElizabeth is 39 years old and has 10 children. She has been a farmer for 18 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Elizabeth is the only ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Spare PartsUgandaNoah is age 36, married with 5 children, living in Kasese, Uganda. Noah has sold motorcycle spare parts for 5 years to earn a living. He was inspired by other business men ...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,515 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.