Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanAisafar is a clever and hardworking woman from Shahristan. She is 56 years old and married, with three children. She is very cheerful and polite. She has been working in th...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesJulius is a 28-year-old farmer from San Isidro, Nueva Ecija. He is happily married to Elizabeth, and they are blessed with one child. He has been engaged in the farming ind...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliTiecoro is the one with his hands on the ram. An uneducated Malian, 39 years old, he is married and father of seven children; his wife is a housewife.
Tiecoro ap...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesNeny works hard to support three children. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to in...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Emilly, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 10 farmers in Teso District, Kenya. She is a mother to six children and is known by he...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,832 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.