Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorGerardo is 40 years old and married. His wife is a housewife and they have two children.
Since he was very young, Gerardo has been earning a living in agricultur...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEsther is a happily married lady with children.She is an agriculturalist, dairy cow farmer and runs a retail shop for a living. She loves nature and growing crops and watc...Read their story >
- Home EnergyNicaraguaErick is married and has seven children. He currently makes a living growing basic grains such as corn, beans and coffee.
There is no electricity in Erick's loca...Read their story >
- Home EnergyNicaraguaJosé is single and lives with his mother and two brothers. Currently, he is dedicated to farming, sowing basic grains and coffee. In the community where José lives, there i...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanMirzosho is a man of middle age, 44 years. He is married and has several children. His family consists of seven and he is the breadwinner of the family. He works hard every...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,781 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.