Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailTanzaniaAsha is married with two school going children. She operates a small business that sells charcoal, fruits, and vegetables to support her family. She's been running this bus...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- AgricultureSamoaTelesia is 37 years old with 5 children. She operates a business of selling banana and taro in her community to earn a living. She has been doing this for more than a year....Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- TailoringPakistanThis is Samina, who lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She is 36 years old, married, and has one child. Samina stitches clothes and has been working for more than four years ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- FarmingPeruJose lives in the village of Apangoya, a small community of coffee workers three hours from the district of San Jose de Lourdes, Peru. Jose is 44 years old and lives with h...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Norandino
- Grocery StoreTajikistanJahonbakhsh is in this photo. He was born in in 1990 in a worker family. Jahonbakhsh is married and has three sons: Jonfazo, 5, Aminjon, 3, and Sipehr, 1 year old. His wife...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,445 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.