Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailKenyaThis is John, who is 36 years old. He is married with two children who are eight and four years old. In addition, he takes cares of his elderly parents. He runs a retail...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- CerealsKenyaRispha is a married woman with three children, two of whom attend school. She lives in her own house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expense i...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Beauty SalonLebanonFatima is running her home based beauty salon since 2012, she is an ambitious 20 years old single lady who graduated from a vocational training center to start her own home...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- AgricultureTajikistanMurod was born in 1960 in the Jomi area. He is a very hard-working man. He grows crops. He cares for his family. Murod's wife is a homemaker and she helps her husband with ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Fruits & VegetablesGuatemalaSanta Lucía La Reforma is located in Southwestern Guatemala in the Department of Totonicapan. The population is Maya K’iche and is very proud of cultural and historical tra...Read their story >Funding via Friendship Bridge
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,340 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.