Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Timber SalesUgandaLufafa is 42 years old and lives in the town of Lukaya in the Masaka region of Uganda. He is married and has 4 children who are all currently in school. For the past 2 year...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Uganda
- Internet CafeColombiaClaudia is a woman with good ideas and a creative mind. She is always trying to find ways to increase her family’s income.
She set up an internet cafe one year a...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Animal SalesPeruMiguel Angel is 38 years old and in a common-law relationship. He lives with his partner in the district of Cayaltí, Chiclayo province, Lambayeque department, Peru. He has...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Charcoal SalesGhanaPatience is a woman of determination and a hard working attitude, a single parent with one son who is in his primary level of education. Patience is a trader who sells char...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
- Food StallGuatemalaDúo la Bonita is a communal banking team that includes a woman named Vicenta who is married and is the mother of a family that is originally from Sumpango. Vicenta is dedic...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,166 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.