Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryPhilippinesNelia is a single woman with a child. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. She is 51 years old and has a child in school.
She has a raising chickens business...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaSharon is 23-years old and has farmed for the past three years. She is living proof that work passion and determination are the true ingredients of success. Sharon believes...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMalvarosa is 64 years old, married and has two children. For the past ten years she has raised pigs to earn a living in the Philippines.
Malvarosa has taken out...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSusan is 50 years old and has 5 children. She is often described as a very trustworthy person. In addition, as a group leader, Susan is representing her group of 7 farmers ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesElla Jane is 40 years old and single., Ella Jane works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,000 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.