Join Adrianne's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaRajab is a 37-year-old proud father of six children. He is a group leader, often described as a very reliable person, and is representing his group of 10 farmers in Webuye ...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaRosa's a single woman who through her enterprise found a way to organize her business and be able to maintain a steady income to ensure her quality of life. She worked for...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaSelea is a 32 year old married woman with 2 children. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has 2 years of experience with this business. Sele...Read their story >
- CerealsMaliBaba is the man with his hand on the bag of peanuts in the photo. He is a 57-year-old Malian man. He is married and father to 10 children between the ages of seven and 20 y...Read their story >
- CerealsUgandaJack is a married man who deals in buying agricultural produce, such as maize and beans, which he then sells to the city traders and schools. In eight years in this busines...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Adrianne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,861 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.