Join Piotr's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleArmeniaHripsime is from Tegh village where she lives with her husband. Five years ago after coming back from the army, Hripsime's husband got involved in the farming business. Now...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- AgricultureKenyaHenry, pictured above, has been a farmer for 16 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 16 farmers in Webuye District. He is 53 years old, is married and has 9 ch...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Fish SellingCambodiaKan is a 53-year-old married mother with five children and she resides in the Kandal Province in Cambodia. She earns some income from the business of selling fish, vegetabl...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Ltd.
- FarmingPhilippinesFebe Keith finds pleasure in doing her farming activities. Not only is she doing her hobby, she earns an income as well. At the age of 29 and married, she busies herself to...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- CerealsUgandaMohamadi is a Ugandan male living in Kagadi, Uganda. He is married and has four children aged between 7 and 15 years. He deals in produce selling and farming, serving the r...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
Kiva lenders, like Piotr, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,106 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.