Join Piotr's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingHondurasEdgar is 22 years old. He is single, and lives with his mother in the town of Nuevo Frontera, Santa Barbara. He started growing coffee at a very young age. For five year...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- Animal SalesTajikistanSayrambi is 41 years old, married, and has two children who attend school. She is from Qargan-Tube region. She has a secondary education and is in the animal husbandry, whi...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- TailoringPakistanSughra is a 36-year-old married woman. She belongs to a poor family. Her husband is working in local market on daily wages that barely fulfill the needs of her family. She ...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- RestaurantColombiaPedro, 33, is an entrepreneur from Cartagena de Indias where he lives with his family in a humble home located in a popular neighborhood of the city. This is where he has h...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- TailoringPakistanShazia Sarwar is 33 years old, married, and has two children. She is an entrepreneur who is struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is a skilled woman and has ado...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
Kiva lenders, like Piotr, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,837 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.