Join Piotr's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Barber ShopPalestineKhalel is 27-years-old from Rafah city in Gaza Strip. He is a single man, lives with his parents and he tries so hard to provide them all things they need. He wants to marr...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- AgricultureSierra LeoneGreetings from Waterloo 1, a community near the small and busy western rural area of Sierra Leone.
This is Jariatu, who is 30 years old and married. She has 2 c...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- Soft DrinksCongo (Dem. Rep.)Two years ago. Ephrem decided to leave the town for a village. He opened a restaurant with that in mind and sells soft drinks. He finds that they sell quickly, even though ...Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
- AgricultureCambodiaRoem, 57, is married and has three children who reside in the Takeo province of Cambodia. She has been cultivating rice, corn, watermelons and pumpkins to earn income to su...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Andrew, often described as an extremely reliable person. He is 32 years old and, as a group leader, he is representing his group of 13 farmers in Teso Dis...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Piotr, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,433 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.