Join Piotr's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesVersaldo is a married father with four children and resides in Tudela, Misamis Occidental, Philippines. To earn his living, he has owned and been operating a motorcycle tra...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- Phone Use SalesIndonesiaAbas lives in Lebak, a regency located at Banten province, about 3 hour’s drive from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. He lives there with his wife and his three daug...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- RetailNicaraguaJulia, 58, is a tenacious and persistent woman who used to have a dressmaking business in her house. However, this business was not profitable and did not bring in enough ...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- FarmingEl SalvadorRafael, age 34, went to school through the seventh grade. He is married and has two children, one of whom is in school. His wife works doing the household chores. Rafa...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal Housing ExpensesGuatemalaCamilo is a man who perseveres against all odds. A long time ago he began the construction of a more respectable home for his family and this has been made possible thanks ...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
Kiva lenders, like Piotr, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,126 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.