Join Piotr's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- HotelArmeniaGet to know Sargis! Sargis is a 58-year-old married man from the town of Meghri. There, he lives with his daughter, who is a dentist, and wife, an ophthalmologist. Sargis h...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Clothing SalesKenyaGrace is a married woman. She describes herself to be determined.
Grace operates a retail business where she sells clothes, curtains, and bedding. She has been ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Home EnergyNicaraguaLeonardo is married and has one child. Leonard didn't continue with his studies for work reasons as he was, at that time, the head of his family.
Currently, Leo...Read their story >Funding via TECNOSOL
- AgricultureTajikistanSome people live in districts closely relying on agriculture such as the Shahrituz district of Tajikistan. Firdavs, age 40, comes from that particular district. He is marr...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Animal SalesBoliviaJulio is married and the father of 4 children. Julio's wife does not know how to read and write. She is working as a farmer. Justo is the owner of the house where he lives...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
Kiva lenders, like Piotr, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,709 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.