Join Piotr's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreParaguayThe communal bank "La Esperanza" was formed because of a group of neighbors who had good experiences with their communal bank. They motivated this group to form a communal...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Furniture MakingArmeniaBe acquainted with Artashes!
Artashes is a young and skillful man from Kapan. Artashes is 31 years old and he is a furniture manufacturer. He is very skillful an...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMaría went to school until seventh grade. She's partnered and her partner earns a living in agriculture. They have two children, one teenager and one newborn.
Ma...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaDavid is a Kiva borrower. He describes himself to be reliable. He operates a farm where he grows maize, wheat and also keeps dairy cows. He has been involved in this busine...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgricultureBoliviaEsteban is a 31 year old man. He lives with his partner. He has one son, 9, and a daughter, 1, and his business is growing grains.
He performs his work in the "e...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
Kiva lenders, like Piotr, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,388 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.