Join Better Life Bags's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaLeonida, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 13 farmers in Matete District. She is 50 years old, married, a...Read their story >
- TransportationArmeniaMeet Artak, a hardworking driver from Vanadzor town! Artak drives a minibus which serves his fellow citizens who are mainly farmers. For farmers, transportation is a real s...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaThe nice woman in the photo is Paskalia. She resides in the remote area of Litein with her husband and children. Paskalia is an outstanding farmer who has been engaged in...Read their story >
- Spare PartsUgandaGadafi is requesting for a loan facility to buy more spare parts such as oil, tyres to sell. He has a garage where he repairs cars and motor cycles in Kamwenge district Uga...Read their story >
- Construction SuppliesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Mr. Leonard is the chair of the group composed of staff members of the Anglican council who work as vendors after finishing their work at 4 PM. Leonard is a client of the I...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Better Life Bags, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.