Join Benedikt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMonica (a first-time Kiva borrower) is a single mother who believes that Kiva lenders are the champions of hope to the world. She is an enthusiastic woman who has always re...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreCambodiaSokkheng is 34 years old and is a married man with a child. He sells groceries and beverages. His wife is a factory worker. He has been running this business for 4 years. <...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorJessica Karina and her family live in the city of Manta, which is known for its beautiful beaches that attract many visitors all year round.
Jessica is a woman w...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaSylvia is a resident of Mbale, she is a salary earner in the same area. This is her only source of income.
She recently started construction of her permanent ho...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesRerian is 29 years old and has one child. She is married and her child is in school.
Rerian has an agricultural business of raising pigs in the Philippines. Sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Benedikt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 13,629 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.