Join Benedikt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleUgandaBenon is a resident of Kakomero, Rakai district; he is 57years old and married with six children. He raises cattle and has a banana plantation.
Benon is faced wi...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaZipporah is a 48-year-old maize farmer in Waseges, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has six chickens and two cows on her land. Zipporah historical...Read their story >
- ClothingPhilippinesJaniza is a single woman. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Janiza is 33 years old.
Janiza has a 'buy and sell' clothing business in the Philippines. Jani...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMaricel is 40 years old and single with two children. As all of her children are still in school, Maricel works very hard to provide for her family.
Maricel runs...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesBurkina FasoZenabo is the mother of seven children, one of whom attends school. She is a merchant and sells household products in one of the capital's markets. She has been working in ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Benedikt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,750 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.