Join Benedikt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesMargie is married and runs a general store in the Philippines. She works hard to support five children.
Margie is requesting a 10,000 PHP loan through NWTF to in...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesNerizen, 47, is a married woman with one child. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Nerizen has a buy-and-sell personal care business in the Philippines. Ne...Read their story >
- WeavingEl SalvadorJosé lives with his partner and their 2-year-old daughter. He has no relatives abroad. José has had his own hammock manufacturing and marketing business for 3 years. The tr...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWhen small-scale farmers are given access to credit, they are very hardworking. That is Leah, a 33-year-old mom of three school-going children. She is a female smallholder ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesDelia works hard to support six children. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
Delia requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to p...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Benedikt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,178 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.