Join Benedikt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaThe ability to adapt to market changes has enabled Elizabeth, 32 years old and a mom of 4 children, to survive in the agri-business for many years.
Although the ...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanAzamat is 43 years old, married and has 5 children.
He works in agriculture as the primary source of income for his family. He is engaged in livestock breeding ...Read their story >
- LivestockPhilippinesJane Claire is 29 years old, married, and has three children, two of whom are in school.
She raises livestock and requested a PHP 17,000 loan through NWTF to bu...Read their story >
- BeveragesEcuadorEdwin Fabian is a man who strives daily to pay his household expenses. It is for this reason that he decided to change his business and now works selling beverages such as ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesJordanAlia is a 44-year-old Jordanian woman and a mother of five children. Her husband is a taxi driver, but his income is barely enough to cover their family’s needs. In order...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Benedikt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,445 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.