Join Benedikt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKenyaPurity is happily married and has been blessed with two children. She does dairy farming to support her family. Purity has been doing this business for many years and she l...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaHenry is a married man with five children. He is a farmer majoring in irish potato growing and selling. Profits from the business are used to support his family. He is seek...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanOidona is a 54-year-old resident of Temurmalik and a hardworking and responsible woman. She is a wonderful wife and caring mother of three. She and her husband work in anim...Read their story >
- Electrical GoodsAlbaniaEmros is 48 years old. He is divorced and a father of two teenage children. His ex-wife and children live in Greece, close to his ex-wife's family. He is at the same time h...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorKaren is 31 years old. She is married and has 3 minor children. Her husband is a telecommunications technician. They live in Manta, a charming city whose residents do hones...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Benedikt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,831 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.