Join Benedikt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleKyrgyzstanErkin has successfully paid off her loan. She is grateful to Kiva and to all those who helped her with financing. Erkin's farm now has 14 cows, 60 sheep and 6 horses.
...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaTijjani lives in a simple mud house in a small village in the state of Kaduna. He is married with two children and grows maize to support his family. Due to lack of access ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaSichhea is 49 years old and appears in this photo. She is a farmer of a rice field. Currently, she lives with her husband and two children in the Kandal Province of Cambodi...Read their story >
- FarmingAlbaniaValentina is a 67-year-old woman from Korca city. She is mother of three adult children who live abroad with their families. She lives only with her elderly husband in a ol...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesParaguayThe group La Esperanza is in its third cycle of the women's committee program. They are based in San Pedro. The women involved share the common goal of wanting to grow, not...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Benedikt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 529 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.