Join Benedikt's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CraftsThailandYaeng is a married local woman who lives in a big family with her mother, brother, husband, children, and a grandchild in a Kui community in Surin Province in the northeast...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMaricor is 45 years old and married with five children, two of whom are in school. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Phili...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGreetings from Kitale!
Hellen is a farmer from the Kitale area in the Rift Valley of Kenya. She is 47 years old, married, and a mother to seven children; three c...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesJonalyn is 33 years old and married with three children.
She does fish vending in the Philippines and requested a 10,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy additional ...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorSergio is single and has no children. He lives alone.
Sergio works in agriculture. Specifically, he grows corn and learned this trade as a child from his fat...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Benedikt, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,995 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.