Join Rebecca's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonParaguayThe group is in their second cycle, where each person puts forth the best of themselves so that they can provide their families with a better quality of life. They are in t...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanSonunbu, 64 years old, married. She has a secondary education, she is hardworking, purposeful and adventurous by nature. She understands agricultural technology very well a...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanAnarbu successfully repaid her previous loan, and she is grateful to Kiva and everyone who helped her with her financing. Today, her farm is comprised of 6 cows and 20 shee...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueInocencio is a 28-year-old military man who is single and lives in his aunt's house. He is not responsible for anyone.
He plans to use the loan to buy construct...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEmily is the group leader of her group in Teso District, and she is representing 6 farmers, including herself. Emily joined One Acre Fund for the first time this season, bu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rebecca, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,639 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.