Join Rebecca's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreGhanaMohammed is a single, young man. He is 28 years old and lives in Kpong, near the city of Koforidua.
Mohammed has been running his own provision shop for the pas...Read their story >
- General StoreBoliviaThe communal bank “JADE” is part of the Jatun Sonqo agency. It includes eight members who know each other. It is managed by a board of directors, of which Paola Lizbeth is ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesAn-an works hard to support one child. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 10000 loan through NWTF to build a sanitary ...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaFrancoise is a 31-year-old mother of 3 children. She is very kind and social among her neighbors and she is very committed to improving her family living conditions.
...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesArlene works hard to support two children. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
Arlene requested a PHP 6,000 loan through NWTF to ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rebecca, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,441 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.