Join Michael's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanSalimjon is a 37-year-old resident from the Khuroson District. He is a caring husband and father. He has two children of school age.
Salimjon has been trading f...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRacheal is 32 years old, happily married, and has been blessed with 3 children. She farms for a living, and she plans to harvest bigger yields by learning improved farming ...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaFrancis is 49 years old. He is married and blessed with two children. His business is a retail shop, which he has operated for 10 years.
He has applied for his ...Read their story >
- Barber ShopHondurasEri is 23 years old. He is single, has one son, and lives in the municipality of Gracias, Lempira. He has worked as a barber for 4 years. He cuts hair and trims eyebrows, b...Read their story >
- RestaurantPhilippinesJoyce is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with one child.
She runs a restaurant in the Philippines and requested a PHP 13,000 loan through NWTF to purchase ingre...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,112 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.