Join Michael's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Mary, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 62 years old and as a group leader is representing her group of 13 farmers in Kakameg...Read their story >
- ComputerIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Siti Rohayah. She is 50 years old and married with four sons. Siti Rohayah runs a business of refillingwater and her husband i...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanThis lovely woman is Gulisa. She is thirty-nine years old, and she is married and raising two children. She has higher education and has been working in crop and livestock ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Joinah, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 65 years old and as a group leader is representing her group of 12 farmers in Kakam...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Roselida, often described as an extremely resourceful person. She is 59 years old and, as group leader, is representing her group of 20 farmers in Alego D...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,244 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.