Join Michael's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringTajikistanShahnoza is a young resident of the Spitamen district. She is 27 years old. Shahnoza is married has two children. She is a talented woman. After finishing school, Shahnoza ...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaSiriri is a married farmer from Kabetemere who deals in banana production and sales. He has been in this business for over 10 years.
He is requesting financial ...Read their story >
- FoodSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 45-year-old Jariatu from Hills Station branch. She is married with four children between the ages of ten and 21 years old, all of them ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesCiryl, 33, is a married woman with three children, two of whom are in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
She raises pigs in the Philippines. Ciryl r...Read their story >
- General StoreTimor-LesteRamalho is 23 years old and married with one child. He has a kiosk that he started in 2019, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running his business has made Ram...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,201 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.