Join Michael's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesTessie is 46 years old and married with three children. Tessie works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store business in the Philippines and requ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPalestineAmani, who appears in the photo, is a hardworking woman who tries her utmost to provide her family with a decent life. She is a 37-year-old refugee, a divorced woman living...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorSandra is a young, 33-year-old mother and native of Colombia who moved to the community of Santa María to look for a better future for her family.
When she got ...Read their story >
- FoodGuatemalaYolanda is a woman with a great desire to get ahead. She has a beautiful family that she lives with in a community in Santa Lucia Cotzumalguapa.
She has been buy...Read their story >
- Food MarketFijiAmele, 46, from Semo Village is a familiar face around the market. She sells root crops, vegetables and fruits on a daily basis. With people going jobless due to this pand...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,766 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.