Join Michael's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallHaitiYolande has progress a lot. She used the preceding loan to add to her stock of merchandise. She made good progress. She is asking for a new loan to add to her stock of milk...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesFidela is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a general store business in the Philippines. She is borrowing PHP 20,000 through NWTF to purchase items to sell like canned goo...Read their story >
- TailoringTajikistanMehrona lives in the southern part of the country, in Vahdat City. She engages in sewing there. Mehrona is married and bringing up two children. Her sons are 5 and 8 years ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaFor the past 6 years, Luz has been a businesswoman in the capital; she makes a living selling Nicaraguan tamales and tortillas. With her husband's help, she has been able t...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesChona works hard to support her family. Chona is married and has a pig fattening business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,566 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.