Join Dhiraj's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMarilyn is a married woman with three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Marilyn is 48 years old and all of her children are in school.
She has ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesAthelia is 52 years old and married with four children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a food vending business in the Philippines and requeste...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLelita is 61 years old and married with two children.
She's run a general store in the Philippines three years and requested an 18,000 PHP loan through NWTF to b...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesRosemarie is 40 years old and married with four children. She earns a living by pig fattening in the Philippines.
Currently, Rosemarie is borrowing 10,000 PHP t...Read their story >
- RestaurantBurkina FasoIbelina 15 just finished their last Kiva loan. The repayments were made properly. Véronique, the group representative, thanks all Kiva staff and lenders for their support. ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dhiraj, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,833 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.