Join Dhiraj's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaSurajo is 28 years of age, married with three children and lives in a rural town in Kaduna, Nigeria. He lives in a small community where maize farming is the major occupati...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorFrancisca is 70 years old, a widow, and has 4 children, all adults and independent. She owns her house. They live in Portoviejo, a city affected by the earthquake of April ...Read their story >
- SewingColombiaSherilyn Yaseli is 21 years old and is a single, enterprising young woman. She lives with her family in the city of Cartagena. She began her sewing business through working...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesJuvie is a resident of Baybay, Leyte. She is 39 years old and has two dependents. To earn an income, she buys and sells fruits and root crops. She has been in this for seve...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesHondurasElvia lives with her family in the neighborhood of El Guayabo. She prepares and sells tortillas as her main source of income. Elvia has very good sales since her business...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dhiraj, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,112 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.