Join Nicola's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTimor-LesteMarried, with five children, Fernanda is 34 years old. She has been involved in business activities since 2011, when she started with her own working capital.
N...Read their story >
- WeavingEl SalvadorJose went to school through grade three. He is married, and his wife does the household chores. He has 4 children who are independent.
Jose has been...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaRoini is a 30-year-old mother with three children. She owns and operates a small business of selling taro and banana chips in her community to earn a living.
Sh...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanIdibeg lives in the Khuroson region. He is 53 years old. He is married and he has 4 children. His children are already grown. His wife is a housewife. Idibeg is a responsib...Read their story >
- TaxiNicaraguaPedro Rafael is a hardworking man who is 62 years old. He has been providing transportation services in his city for 20 years. Pedro Rafael is concerned about keeping his...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Nicola, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,427 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.