Join Sneak's Fireplace's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Millicent is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2019 and, althou...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSarah is a 36-year-old mother of four children who lives with her husband and children in Kitale, a town whose surroundings have vast agricultural potential with numerous s...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMarilyn is 50 years old and married with five children. With two of her children still in school, Marilyn works very hard to provide for them.
Marilyn runs a ge...Read their story >
- ClothingSenegalSALIMATA is a woman married to a retired police officer. She is 54 and lives with her husband and four children of whom two are students. She sells quality cosmetic product...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSally is a 49-year-old maize farmer in Kaptagat, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has 10 chickens and 5 cows on her land. Sally has historically s...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sneak's Fireplace, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,401 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.