Join Scott's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Auto RepairPakistanNazia is a 30-year-old married woman, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is the mother of three children. Her whole family is fully dependent upon her husband, and...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- CattleTajikistanShe is asking for a loan to buy young cattle. In this way she will be able to offer her customers good animals and continue to make financial progress, providing her househ...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- Beauty SalonKenyaHalima is a married woman. She has one child.
She operates a beauty salon where she offers beauty services. She has been involved in this business for two years...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- RetailUgandaGeoffrey is 26 years old, and married with children who are attending school. He has operated a salt winning business for five years now. He started out doing fishing and l...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- General StoreColombiaMaria is 58 years old and lives in the municipality of Sopetran. She’s a widow and has 4 children, 3 daughters and 1 son, whom she loves very much. She has had to raise the...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,297 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.