Join Scott's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattlePanamaRosendo has a lot of experience with the activity of raising cattle. He is seeking a loan of $2,100 to purchase heifers. This way he will be able to increase the number of ...Read their story >Funding via EDESA
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineIslam is 35-year-old man from Jabalia. He is married and is a father to three sons and a one little daughter.
Islam was living with his family in a small, humble...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Auto RepairEgyptYasser is 39, married to a housewife, and has three children. He has a small project selling car oil. He is requesting a 10,000 EGP loan to buy more oil and car products to...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment
- Grocery StoreKenyaMary is a married woman with four children, all of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her monthly expenses are fo...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorMaría, 65 years old, lives in her own house with her 28-year-old son and her daughter-in-law.
She is a hard-working woman. She owns a business selling antojitos...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,508 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.