Join Scott's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingTajikistanA young woman, Shohruhsor, is from Jomi. This district is famous for its agricultural products. Our hero is involved in the same sector. In her work, she likes the open nat...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaVazgen is 62 years old and he lives in Sevan city of Gegharkunik region. Vazgen now lives with his wife and son. They also have three daughters who are married already. Vaz...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- AgricultureEl SalvadorReina is married and has 6 children, all of whom already live apart, while two of her grandchildren live with her. Her husband works in agriculture. Reina and her husband ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingArmeniaTigran sends his great regards and thanks for his first Kiva loan that helped him in his spring sowing activities. This time Tigran hopes to be supported in his farmin...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Plastics SalesSierra LeoneZone Two is a group that has come together to help themselves achieve their individual dreams by obtaining a loan to improve their sales. Kadiatu is the leader and the futu...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,979 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.