Join Derek's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesMarilyn works hard to support her family. Marilyn is married and has a pig fattening business in the Philippines. Marilyn requested a PHP 30000 loan through NWTF to buy fe...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorCarlos is partnered and has 3 children who depend on him. His partner works at the household tasks.
Carlos works as a conductor on public transportation and lear...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesUgandaAlex (appearing with his wife) hails from Kampala, where he stays with his wife and children. He deals in farm supplies like fertilizer, feeds, seeds etc. He has been susta...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCaroline (a 31-year-old mom of three) is a humble mum who loves her children, warts and all. She is determined to give her children the best a caring mother can give to he...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaGreetings from Rwanda! This is Jacqueline, an entrepreneur who owns a shop at the local market.
Jacqueline is 32 years old and married with 2 children, ages 1 an...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Derek, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,987 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.