Join Derek's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Natural MedicinesColombiaJosé is a microbusiness owner, 61 years old, who lives in Barranquilla. He runs a business selling agricultural and natural products, with over 20 years of experience in th...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaHusaini, who is 38 years of age, is single and lives with his family in an ordinary mud house in a small village in Kaduna state. In his community, farming is the primary o...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaIsabel, 42, is blessed with four children. She is able to provide for her family and occasionally support members of her extended family through the cereals business she ru...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaPaskari is a 50-year-old married man with six school-going children. He has been a farmer for over five years and has managed to save up capital to start up a goat-selling ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesEmeliana is 68 years old and married with five children. Emeliana works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a fish vending business in the Philippines and re...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Derek, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,550 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.