Join Derek's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanKhayrullo is a hardworking, patient, and sociable man from Kulob, Tajikistan. He is 39 years old. He is a beloved husband and caring father of 5 children. For many years, h...Read their story >
- BakerySolomon IslandsMarian is a 30-year-old married woman with two children. She lives in a community outside Honiara, capital of Solomon Island.
Marian runs a small bakery making ...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaSarah is a 48-year-old maize farmer in Soy, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has 10 chickens and 2 cows on her land. Sarah historically struggles ...Read their story >
- General StoreParaguayThis is a new group where everyone goes to great efforts to be able to improve themselves and get ahead to give the best to their loved ones. They are within the poverty el...Read their story >
- General StoreGuatemalaJesus Alfredo, the leader of this pair, makes a living working at his grocery store, where he sells everyday products such as sugar, salt, juices, sodas, basic grains (corn...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Derek, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,166 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.