Join Bobby's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorMarcelino is 22 years old and was only able to receive a basic education. He is in a relationship and has a daughter. His companion takes care of the household duties and...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorMarta, 69, is married and her husband is 81 years old. They have had three children who all are adults. Two of them live overseas and the other lives nearby.
Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSrey’s group live in a rural village in Pursat province in Cambodia. Srey makes a living cultivating rice to support her family.
In their village there is no re...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanSyrayo is a resident of the Zafarobod district. She is 38 years old. She is married to a home repairman. Her daughter is 14 and her son is 13. They attend school. Syrayo is...Read their story >
- LivestockArmeniaMeet Martela! This young girl (in the middle of the photo) lives in Goris town with her mom Elmira (on the left in the photo), brother Martun (on the right in the photo), y...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bobby, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,513 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.