Join Bobby's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingHondurasJoselin is 22 years old and lives in Tegucigalpa. She is a single mom to two daughters aged 1 and 4 years. She has been selling used clothing with her mother since she was ...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- Mobile PhonesGhanaTheophilus is a single man, aged 37 years. He is a father of one child, and they live in the province. He supports his child as well as two other family members who live wi...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
- FarmingKenyaMary is a married woman. She has three children. She describes herself to be capable. She operates a farm where she grows carrots, potatoes, maize, beans and other crops. S...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- TailoringPakistanSaira is a 26-year-old woman, living with her family in the area of Sialkot.
She runs a women's cloth tailoring business at her home. She has been working in thi...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- RickshawPakistanRashida is a 35-year-old married woman. The man shown in the photo is Rashida ’s husband who is a driver by profession and provides transportation services using his three...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Bobby, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,000 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.