Join Bobby's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ManufacturingEcuadorLucila is 73 years old and lives with her partner on the friendly island of Pampanal de Bolívar, located in the province of Esmeraldas. For more than 20 years, they have bo...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonCambodiaPhearoum is a 27-year-old married woman with two children. She is a hairdresser. Her husband is an officer at the water supply authority. Phearoum has been running her busi...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreMadagascarRasoamalala thanks you for the prior loan with which she was able to diversify the inventory in the grocery store. An increase in the turnover allowed her to improve her fa...Read their story >
- PoultryColombiaYesica is 20 years old. She is in a common law marriage and has 1 child.
She has lives her whole life in the countryside, where she learned about working in ag...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesJordanManar trades in clothing. She was entranced by the idea of business and the profits she could be making if she found a way to sell a bunch of clothes she had bought. Everyt...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bobby, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,251 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.