Join Monson Family's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryEcuadorChristian is a single young man from the community of El Naranjito. Here, he lives with his parents and works in the agricultural tasks.
Christian asks for his ...Read their story >
- RetailNicaraguaOlga is 40 years of age, is married, and is known in her community as being an enterprising, hardworking and honest person with integrity. She yearns to work toward improvi...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaAs the moon fades away to give way to the beautiful sun, Rose (a 46-year-old mom) jumps out of her bed to go to her farm. She is a smallholder farmer practicing dairy and c...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesElizabeth is 29 years old and married with two children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanThis wonderful woman is Naima. She is 43 years old, married and raising 2 children. She has a secondary-school education. She has been farming and raising livestock as her ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Monson Family, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,725 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.