Join Alex's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureColombiaWilliam is a 33 year-old farmer who lives in the municipality of La Unión. He is single and has no children. He started working independently in 1996, which is indicative...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingArmeniaQnarik, age 58, is a farmer. She operates a well-developed farm where she cultivates tomatoes, cauliflowers, peaches, and grapes. She lives in the village of Arevshat with ...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Food Production/SalesHonduras42 year old Maria is a single mother. She has 5 children and lives with them in a village in the municipality of Negrito, Yoro, close to Progreso, Yoro.
She make...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- Fish SellingPhilippinesGretchen is a 26-year-old married woman with three children, two of whom are in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Gretchen has operated a fish vend...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- LivestockMaliAmidou, age 47, is Malian. He's married to a woman and the father of six children, boys and girls. The children's age ranges from 5 to 30, and one of them attends school.
Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,148 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.