Join Alex's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMusa is 40 years old and has 6 children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 10 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Musa has been farmin...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA local farmer living in Tbaung Khmum province, Phanny is 41 years old. He is married and blessed with two children who are depending on him. One of his children is in scho...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaChristina is a married woman. She has three children. She describes herself as ambitious.
She operates a retail business, where she sells sugar, bread, flour, s...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorPaulina is in a common-law relationship and is the mother of two youths who are 17 and 15 years old. They are dedicated to study. She says that they do not receive financia...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMaricel is 36 years old, married, and has three children, all of whom are still in school.
Maricel is in the agricultural business, fattening pigs in the Philipp...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,753 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.