Join Alex's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKyrgyzstanKenzhehan is 55 years old and married. Kenzhehan's daughter is married and her sons are independent. All of her children live separately. Kenzhehan has a secondary educatio...Read their story >
- DairyEl SalvadorOscar went to school through fifth grade. He is married and his partner works as a cook in a restaurant. With them lives their daughter, who has begun kindergarten.
Read their story >
- AgriculturePeruJosé and his family live and work together in Caserío Tabloncillo, a coffee production community in la Coipa, San Ignacio, Perú. He is 50 years old, living with his two dau...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaKoech is 28 years old and has five children. She operates a dairy farming business, which she has been doing for six years.
Koech requested a loan from VisionFu...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorNancy is separated from her husband. She currently lives with her three children who depend on her financially. She works making pastries and running a cafe. She also offer...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,646 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.