Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleBoliviaPascuala is 24 years old and lives in her parents' house. She also lives together with her children. Her husband is traveling for work-related reasons. Pascuala is a farmer...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- FarmingArmeniaGet to know Sona! Sona is a clever-handed agronomist from Shirak region. Shirak region is an underserved zone where the population is mainly involved in agriculture and the...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Education providerArmeniaMargarita from Vanadzor City of Lori region sends her great thanks and regards for her two Kiva loans that she has; she is asking for her third Kiva loan.
She h...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- BricksRwandaThiotime is 42 years old and is married with three children. Due to his experience, he was nominated as the group leader for Abatigayubukwe Group. Thiotime is the person w...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- Grocery StorePakistanFarzana is a 34-year-old, married woman living with her spouse and four children in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Her husband is responsible to fulfill the needs of the ent...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,617 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.