Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMaría didn't have the opportunity to study, as since she was a little girl they took her to work in the fields. She has 10 children, of whom only one lives with her, as doe...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaMargery is a happily married woman with two children who help her. They are very hardworking people.
Margery is a dairy cow farmer with many years of experien...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliIN the photo, Korotimi is the woman holding the steer by the rope. She is 41 years old, married and the mother of seven children. Four go to school. She raises cattle and s...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaFlorije is back. After paying back the previous loan, she is here to request your financial help one more time. She needs to pay for three doors and for plastering the wall...Read their story >
- Wedding ExpensesTajikistanThis 21-year-old woman is named Tamanno. She is married and lives in her husband's home. Her mother-in-law, father-in-law, and sister-in-law also live in this home. She wor...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,673 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.