Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodIndiaLipika, 32, resides in the Burdwan district of West Bengal. She wants to support her paddy business. She purchases paddy from the field and sells them to the local market a...Read their story >
- Furniture MakingColombiaThank you for supporting David, who with his second Kiva loan acquired electric hand tools to make his carpentry work more efficient.
In addition, he bought raw ...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorAlfredo has a high-school education. He is married; his wife sells beauty products. The couple has a son who lives with them.
Alfredo has been a farmer for more ...Read their story >
- WeavingEl SalvadorJosé lives with his family, which includes his wife and child. Both depend entirely on him, and they don't rely on economic help from their parents.
José's bus...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorPablo only reached sixth grade at school, he is single and lives with his parents.
Pablo works in farming and has more than 12 years' experience. He learned it f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,608 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.