Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesSusan is an outstanding 55-year-old resident of Palayan City, Nueva Ecija. She is happily married to Bonifacio and they are blessed with five children who are still pursuin...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodColombiaDora is 31 years old and for 1 year has worked at her business selling fuel wholesale in the municipality of Nechi with the goal of improving the condition of her house. Sh...Read their story >
- PoultryUgandaRashid lives in Mbale with his family. He sells chickens in a food market. He also deals in different agricultural products for sale from time to time to supplement his inc...Read their story >
- Fish SellingSenegalThis group was started in 2012 at the same time as the “banc villageois”. It consists of 7 women who live in the same village and share strong bonds of solidarity and mutua...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePhilippinesMary Jane is 32 years old, and is happily married to Shierwin. She has two children who are attending school. She runs a sari-sari, where she sells a variety of groceries i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.