Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaJob is a 57-year-old maize farmer in Soy, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 2 cows on his land. Job has historically struggled to access credit ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe Emprendedoras Group is a relatively new group where the members express that they will work together like a real team in order to achieve excellent results and improve ...Read their story >
- AgricultureParaguayThe solidarity group called "Caaguazu Poty" is composed of friends and neighbors from the city of Caaguazú who seek a way to improve their quality of life and that of their...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayHector Ruben is from the city of Carapeguá. He tells us that he is an itinerant salesman who sells all types of products. He mentions that his work requires a lot of sacr...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe group called "Mujeres Unidas" was formed by the union of friends and neighbours from the city of Luque. They are seeking the best way to be able to improve their qualit...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 535 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.