Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesRosita is 74 years old and married with six children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Rosita is in the agricultural pig-fattening business in the Philipp...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesPurita is 61 years old and married with children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a vegetable vending business in the Philippines and requested...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesEmelda is 52 years old and married, with nine children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy items lik...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaUsman is a maize farmer from the rural area of Kaduna, a state located in northern Nigeria, who looks forward to earning higher profits from farming. As a member of Babban ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMercelline is a cheerful and enthusiastic person who enjoys, appreciates and is happy with the life she has lived so far. She is just 21 years old, a single lady and a grad...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,018 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.