Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesVioleta is 56 years old and a widow with one child. Violeta works very hard to provide for them.
Violeta runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a ...Read their story >
- LivestockPhilippinesAnalyn is 42 years old and has two children. Analyn is married and has one child who is currently in school. Analyn is in the agricultural raising livestock business in t...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaPenina is a 21 year old mother living in Meru, a place where every Kiva lender would like to be and enjoy the beautiful climate, and the view of the Great Mount Kenya and o...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaPeter is 64 years old, married, and blessed with five children who are below the age of 18 years. He operates a retail shop and sells cereals and has been in the business f...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorAristofanes is in a relationship and his partner is a homemaker. He has seven children, three of whom depend on him.
Aristofanes makes a living in farming and ra...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,834 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.