Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsEcuadorWellington is a young worker, he is 20 years old and lives with his parents in the Province of Esmeraldas, Atacames district, where the main economic activity is commerce, ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Andrea, often described as an extremely trustworthy person. He is 78 years old and, as a group leader, he is representing his group of 8 farmers in Kakame...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEdwina has been working alongside One Acre Fund since 2015 and is representing her group of 13 farmers in Alego District, Kenya.
Edwina is often described by her...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayTwenty are the women who form this group. They are focused as a goal on being able to grow, not only economically but also as people, in order to be able to grow and get ah...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanBahtiyor is a hardworking, experienced man who was born in 1991 in Khujand, Tajikistan. He is married and has two children. Together with his wife he provides the best cond...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,687 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.