Join Jeffrey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 29-year-old Mariatu from Aberdeen branch. She is married with two children between the ages of 11 and 13 years old, and they are curren...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueRui is 55 years old and is in the military. He owns his home. He is the father of 3 children, 2 of whom are minors who are attending primary school.
With the am...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAnna Maria is 40 years old, married, and has three children. With three children in school, Anna Maria works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general st...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaStella, 40, is a resourceful farmer from a remote village in the Bomet area of Kenya. Thanks to her daily efforts, she has managed to give her family a good start. She has ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJudith is a 49-year-old maize farmer in Saboti, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has seven chickens and seven cows on her land. Judith historicall...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,727 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.