Join Jeffrey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHellen, 57, portrays a sense of responsibility, self-sacrifice, and love for her work, her farm, and her cute children. She lives in Kitale, Kenya.
The big...Read their story >
- General StoreSamoaVeta is 34 years old and married with 4 children.
She owns and operates a small store, selling a variety of items. She has been doing this for 3 years.
Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEmily is a 50-year-old mother of three school-going children living in Bomet, a town whose surroundings have vast agricultural potential with numerous small farms and also ...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorWendy is 25 years old. She is single. She has no children and lives in her mother's home.
Wendy earns a living through farming and learned this trade from her m...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanAkbarali is 50 years old, married and has two children. He is a hardworking man who has worked hard to establish himself. He lives with his family in Spitamen, Tajikistan.<...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,480 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.