Join Jeffrey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKenyaFaith is a 33-year-old mother of 3 children. She lives with her family in Litein, a home for Kenyan athletic champions. Faith is a mixed dairy and crop farmer who has farme...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanThis wonderful woman is Ryskan. She is 55 years old and married. Ryskan has a secondary-level education and she is a kind and thoughtful person. She raises livestock for a ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEverlyene has been working with One Acre Fund from 2015, when she became a member. She is representing a group of 10 farmers of Butere district, in Kenya. Everlyene is desc...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMillicent, pictured above, has been a farmer for nine years and is now proud to represent her group of eight farmers in Alego District. She is 45 years old, married, and ha...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaOlga, age 42, is the mother of one child and is in a common law relationship. Because of the need to support her home, she has had to work and strive to get her family ahea...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,551 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.