Join Stephane's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanFiruza is a talented, hardworking and patient woman with big plans for the future. She was born in 1980 in Bokhtar, Tajikistan. She is a divorced woman and the caring mothe...Read their story >
- ClothingSamoaPaepaealofa is 31 with no children. She owns and operates a small business of selling elei printing materials at the market to earn a living. Paepaealofa has requested for ...Read their story >
- ConstructionCongo (DRC)Bonheur is the father of six children and he must make sure they are well cared for. This is the reason he wants to continue building his home. His monthly salary does not ...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaCecilia is 52 years old. She is married to David who also provides income and they are blessed with four children who are all above 18 years. She has had a farming business...Read their story >
- FishingEl SalvadorManuel is single and lives with his parents.
Manuel, is dedicated to fishing and learned the trade thanks to his father. He travels 4 kilometers from his home to...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephane, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,774 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.