Join Stephane's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesNelly is 57 years old and has three children.
Nelly raises pigs in the Philippines. Nelly requested a PHP 15,000 loan through NWTF to buy sacks of feeds, piglets...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMs. Vẻ is 60 years old and she is single parents. She belongs to the Muong ethnic minority and lives in Cam Thuy, a mountainous region of Thanh Hoa province.
She...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesRwandaGreetings from Rwanda! This is Inezayawe Cb, a group of entrepreneurs who own businesses varying from clothing to retail. The group’s name translates to “God's goodness” in...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaMarta Lorena (seated in front of the group) is hard-working and loves her business. She sells tortillas and Nicaraguan tamales, and raises pigs. "I began from scratch, I pu...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Mầu is 50 years old and married with two kids. Her family lives in Hau Loc district, a coastal region of Thanh Hoa province that often suffers from strong storms.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephane, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,173 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.