Join Alex's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaJackline is a married woman. She has four children. She describes herself as faithful.
She operates a transport business where she owns a motorcycle for transpo...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaVuth’s Group lives in a rural village in Battambang Province in Cambodia. Vuth works as a farmer and construction worker to support his family. In his village there is no r...Read their story >
- AgricultureSenegalAmadou is a 33 year old married man and father of 2 children. The eldest is 7 years old and the youngest is 9 months. His children are not attending school right now.
...Read their story >
- Food MarketLiberiaThis is 42-year-old Martha. She is married with five children, ranging in age from 6 through 19. All of them live at home while in school.
She runs a business in...Read their story >
- FoodPalestineAhmed, who appears in the photo, is a 30-year-old from Khanyounis, Gaza Strip. He is a single man living with his family, and he is the sole provider for them; he relies on...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,716 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.