Join Alex's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorErnesto is 69 years old and married, and his wife works in the home.
Ernesto works in cattle ranching, a job which he learned from his father. Previously, he gre...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesBoliviaThe communal bank Calama, part of the the 3 de Mayo branch, is made up of eight members who are neighbors from the area. They are led by a board of directors where Lisseth ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoCamelia resides in Distrito Federal. She is 43 years old and married to Juan Carlos. In order to help her husband with the family expenses, she works at an interior desig...Read their story >
- LivestockPakistanImtiaz is a 31-year-old woman who lives with her spouse in Muzaffargarh, Pakistan. Imtiaz has four children. Her native language is Punjabi, which she speaks to her family,...Read their story >
- AgricultureSamoaFialauia is a 38-year-old mother with one child. She runs a small business of selling taro and banana in her village to earn a living. She has been doing this for more than...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,093 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.