Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesElsa is a widowed woman, 66 years old with three children.
Elsa has a direct selling business in the Philippines. Elsa requested a PHP 20000 loan am...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsKenyaBeatrice is a single mom who lives with her three school-aged children in the Nyamira area of Kenya. Her desire to get ahead is admirable because, despite her age and the o...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesRowena is 48 years old and has six children.
Rowena is in the agricultural business of pig fattening in the Philippines. Rowena has requested a 25,000 PHP loan t...Read their story >
- PoultryMadagascarSantatra has had success and her commerce progresses. Earnings are increasing, along with her financial capital. With her profits, she was able to buy furniture for her hou...Read their story >
- EmbroideryTajikistanNasyba is expressing gratitude for the support and care. She has bought the sewing machine and started new business. Nasyba can sew traditional designs on dresses. She can ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,856 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.