Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Helida, often described as an extremely resourceful person. She is 60 years old and has 9 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of 12...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFoua is a 43-year-old married woman with one child. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has three years of experience with this business.
Read their story >
- WeavingTongaGreetings again from 'Iva. She is now 65 years old, and she lives with her husband and some of their grown up children at their own home in the island of Vava'u.
Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesLiberiaMeet 42 -year-old Konah, she lives with her partner along with 5 children. All of her children live at home while in school. Konah never had the opportunity to attend schoo...Read their story >
- RetailLiberiaMeet 49-year-old Maima from Liberia. She is married with 7 children, 4 of whom are currently living at home while attending school.
Maima runs a business where ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,142 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.