Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockEl SalvadorDomingo is married and his wife is a housewife. He has three children who are studying and depend on him.
Domingo has been farming and raising cattle ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRosalyn is 45 years old and married with five children. With two children still in school, Rosalyn works very hard to provide for them.
Rosalyn runs a general s...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesHelen is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with two children.
She earns a living by pig fattening in the Philippines, and is borrowing PHP 30,000 through NWTF to ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMany rural farmers in Kenya struggle because they lack a reliable source of financing to fund their farming operations. Joyce is a mom of six children who always believes t...Read their story >
- Fish SellingEcuadorJonathan Joel, 22, has a partner and two children, aged 3 and 2. His partner takes care of the household. They live in the town of Puerto López, known for its splendid beac...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,778 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.