Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailPhilippinesRowena is 42 years old and married with three children. With two children in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a wood retailing in the Ph...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCaroline is a mother of three children living in Eldoret. There is a very strong bond between a mother and her children, and that is why she works very hard for the satisfa...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaVery hard-working and persistent are some of the many skills that distinguish 64-year-old Ana Argentina, who for seventeen consecutive years has dedicated herself to managi...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesBurkina FasoSidbewendin Léon is 38 years old and mother to four children, three of whom go to school. She is a trader, and has been selling fruit and vegetables in a market in the outs...Read their story >
- CattlePeruThe members belong to the " Dios Es Amor De Habaspata" communal bank. This bank is located in the Vilcabamba district, which belongs to the province of La Convencion in th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,807 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.