Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaAlice is a 53-year-old maize farmer in Likuyani, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has 20 chickens and 3 cows on her land. Alice has historically s...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorMaría, age 40, is a determined and enterprising woman who feels very proud of being an empowered woman, doing her agricultural work, which usually is done by men. She has m...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaMargaret is a 71 year-old maize farmer in Nessuit, Kenya.
She historically struggles to access credit for high quality inputs, which compromises the quality of ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesFlora is 59 years old. She is a widow and has four children.
Flora is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines. Flora requested a PHP 20,000...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJonalyn is 22 years old and married, with two children. With one child still in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,550 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.