Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- WeavingGuatemalaIsabel, a 20-year-old single woman, currently lives with her parents. She is a very productive woman with the business of weaving "cuts" or typical skirts on a wooden loom....Read their story >
- Food StallKenyaMercy is 25 years old, married, and has five children. She has been managing a fast food business for two years in which she sells maize, beans, chapatis, and green grams....Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMargaret is the group leader of her group in Alego District, and she is representing seven farmers, including herself. Margaret joined One Acre Fund for the first time this...Read their story >
- BakeryPhilippinesAlona is 19 years old, married, and has two children. She works very hard to provide for her family.
Alona runs a bakery in the Philippines. She requested a 10...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaPracticing agriculture requires one to have a great passion, an ability to solve problems, and a tolerance for risk. Marcella (29 years old) is a farmer who lives and farms...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,906 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.