Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailEcuadorSanta Ana is a beautiful valley. Its strength is agriculture: there are fields of corn and rice, cattle, and a variety of local dishes like "viches a base maní" [peanut sou...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportCambodiaChhean, 44 years old, is a mother of eight children who live with her husband in her own house at Kampong Cham province of Cambodia. She works hard to explore and grow a bu...Read their story >
- Spare PartsJordanMohamed is passionate about cars. He offers the community at large a valuable car service. He sells car accessories because they can really improve a car owner's experience...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonTajikistanLola is a kind and polite woman from Gissar, Tajikistan. She is 24 years old and lives with her family. She is divorced and the mother of one child.
Lola works i...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesRosalinda is 42 years old and has seven children, six of whom are still in school. Rosalinda is married.
She is in the agricultural business, raising pigs in the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,396 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.