Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanSanavbar is a 39-year-old resident of the Yavan region. Sanavbar is in the southwest part of Tajikistan and has good weather conditions for agriculture. Sanavbar has lived ...Read their story >
- AgricultureVietnamMrs Hường is 54 years old and she is married. Hường lives in Ngọc Lac district, a remote area in Thanh Hoa province, far from the city center. She has worked in agricultur...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesColombiaAura Patricia is a 31 year old micro-entrepreneur and resident of the city of Cartagena. She lives with her spouse and for two years has operated a business selling hair pr...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaFlorence is a 33-year-old mother of two school-going children and a determined woman who never gives up despite the many ups and downs that she faces in her quest for a bet...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEmmy, 39, is a woman who has sacrificed a lot of things in her life so that she can pursue her dreams of being successful. She is a mother of three school going children an...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,313 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.