Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEdna, a repeat Kiva borrower, is 40 years old and lives in Bomet, a town that hosts elite Kenyan athletes. She is very focused and determined to give her family a better li...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRosaline, pictured above inside her shop, is a 34 years old mother of three children. Rosaline supports her family through mixed dairy and horticultural farming. She also r...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane is 51 years old and lives in Kenyenya, a town whose surroundings have vast agricultural potential with numerous small farms and also vast agricultural enterprises. Jan...Read their story >
- FoodParaguayThe group Yuky is in its 23rd cycle of the women's committee programme, in which every member works and helps one another to move forwards. They are part of the Poverty Sto...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreTajikistanRobiyamo, a 42-year-old aspiring businesswoman, hails from the small town of Dangara. Her husband is a driver, and they have three children. Robiyamo is a strong and energe...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 873 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.