Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKyrgyzstanThis wonderful woman is Sulaika, 60 years old, and married. Her children are all adults. She has a secondary education. As the main income for her family, she has been eng...Read their story >
- Office SuppliesEcuadorRuth Rocio is 28 years old, in a common-law marriage, has a 3-year-old child, and her spouse is a doctor. They live in Puerto López, a place of lovely beaches visited by ma...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLorna is 54 years old and married with eight children. As three of her children are still in school, Lorna works very hard to provide for her family.
Lorna runs...Read their story >
- TransportationEcuadorCarmen Eugenia is 40 years old, married, and has 3 children ages 17, 11, and 8 years old. Her husband is a driver. They live in Los Bajos de Montecristi, a place of humble ...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaJustine (pictured inside her house) is a 37-year-old mother of three children who always wakes up very early in the morning, because she is determined to succeed. She is a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,843 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.