Join Tal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureNicaraguaElmer makes a living from raising calves and cultivating beans. He is a hard-working father of two children.
He requested a previous loan from Kiva and MiCrédit...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesLetecia is 67 years old and married with three children, two of whom who are in school. Letecia works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a buy-and-sell rice...Read their story >
- PoultryVietnamHang, 27 years old, is a Thai ethnic woman. She graduated from trade school, then got married, and is currently pregnant. She lives with her husband and husband's mother in...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesBernalyn is 34 years old and married with five children. Four of her children are still in school, so Bernalyn works very hard to provide for them.
Bernalyn runs...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorJordan, age 20, is a humble and hardworking young man who lives in the community of García Moreno. His parents had limited resources, so they did everything possible to he...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,411 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.