Join Zahid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesAs a married parent of seven children, Estrella works hard to support her family. She has a food vending business in the Philippines, and also earns additional income from...Read their story >
- Food StallEl SalvadorWalter is 25 years old. He is studying the career of Computer Science Engineering. He is single and lives in his father's house with his siblings.
Walter has a small c...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesUgandaStephen is a hardworking and honest man, who carries over 30 bunches of matooke on his motorcyce to a market in Ntungamo to sell. He is married to Annet and they have 3 son...Read their story >
- ArtsTurkeySemra is a 37-year-old married woman. She has been making jewelry from home for almost seven years. She earns an income by taking orders for specific colors and designs a...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesNelfe is 33 years old, married with two children. Nelfe works hard to provide for her family. She has a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 loan th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Zahid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,246 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.