Join Zahid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesBurundiJean is a member of the Niheza group and lives in Bujumbura. He is 63 years old and married to Marie, a farmer. They have two children, 18 and 20 ears of age. Jean has been...Read their story >Funding via Turame Community Finance, a partner of World Relief and HOPE International
- FarmingKenyaJane is 41 years old and has eight children. She has been a farmer for 20 years and is always said to be a very resourceful person. Even though Jane is the only one feature...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- LivestockMaliRamata is a female breeder of rams, aged 28, married, and a mother of two children who are not in school. She is holding the ram's horn in the photo.
She has bre...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- FarmingPhilippinesDelia is 54 years old, married with adult age children from Pagadian City Zamboanga del Sur. She is a rice farmer that is her primary source of income. She has been into th...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- AgricultureColombiaCarlos is a 51 year old businessman. He is an honest, hardworking, loyal person, who is completely dedicated to his job. He has a 21 year old daughter to take care of and g...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Zahid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,143 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.