Join Zahid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PropertyGeorgiaMzia is 40 years old married woman. She lives with her husband and parents-in-law in Khulo district. Mzia is unemployed at the moment. She owns a flat and decided to rent i...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorAna went to school until the 9th grade. She is in a common law marriage. Her husband is a clerk in customs. They have two children who are young and still depend on them...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- AgricultureHondurasAbel, 26, is married and has two children. He lives with his wife and children in the municipality of Progreso, Yoro. Ever since he was young he has worked in agriculture...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- FarmingPeruMariano Luis is 57 years old, partnered, and lives in his own house made of rustic materials with his partner in the district of Santo Tomás, Cutervo province, Cajamarca de...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- DairyKenyaSalina is just 43 years old and lives in the Kitale area of Kenya. She has six children whom she loves very much. Life hasn’t been easy for this young mother, but she’s a f...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Zahid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,610 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.