Join Zahid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanThis talented craftswoman's name is Mahsuda. She is 45 years old. Mahsuda lives in the ancient city of Isfara. She is engaged in sewing men's national attire, the chapan. T...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanRoziya is a professional seamstress. She is 40 years old. She lives in the city of Khujand. Roziya lives in the city with her husband and three children. Her children a...Read their story >
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)In this five-member group, in the middle of the picture, is the featured borrower Tin.
The major income of Tin’s family comes from raising ducks. Tin has been ...Read their story >
- Spare PartsSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 38-year-old Osman from Calabatown Eastern area in Freetown. He started business because he wants to be self employed and improve his s...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonBrazilThe group Salmo 93 renovated its loan at the Banco do Povo Crédito Solidário (BPCS). With the first loans the customers bought new merchandise and updated their products. ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Zahid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,968 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.