Join Zahid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaFaith is a humble woman who lives in Molo, a post-conflict area where there is a high rate of poverty and unemployment. Despite these challenges, she is working hard to lif...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Clothing SalesKenyaEvalynne is a happily married lady and a blessed mother of 5 children. They live in Nairobi where her husband is employed and she is in business. They support one another a...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueFeliciano, 35, is married and the father of 3 children, of whom 2 attend primary school and one is not yet of school age. He has no other dependents.
The loan wi...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- FarmingKenyaPhilister is 59 years old and has 8 children. She has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Philister is the ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- ServicesMozambiqueLeonel was born in the province of Maputo. He is 26 years old and has lived with his mother and two brothers since childhood. Leonel has had a hard life due to his parents'...Read their story >Funding via Zoona
Kiva lenders, like Zahid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,477 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.