Join Zahid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesMozambiqueZerina is married and does not have any children yet. She lives in a house she owns with her husband and is not responsible for anyone else. She is an assistant at the Heal...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoAna María is 38 years old and lives in a municipality in the northern part of Nuevo León. She is worried about her young niece who has been suffering from severe pain due ...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- Electronics SalesPalestineYousif is a married man from Khanyounis, Gaza Strip. He is a newlywed and looking for a stable source of income. He started selling electrical appliances at a store in the ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Barber ShopPakistanSamina is 38 years old. Her son (also shown in the photo) is a barber by profession. He earns a good amount of income to meet the family's expenses. Over time he has attain...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorElsy is 54 years old. She has no education. She married when she was 20 and had three children but, unfortunately, her husband and two of her children have died and only he...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Zahid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,261 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.