Join Jessica's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Medical ClinicKenyaClement is 44 years old. He is married to Tabitha who also provides income and they are blessed with three children. He has had a farming business for twelve years.
<...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMargie is 38 years old and has three children. She is married and all three of her children are in school.
Margie is in the agricultural business of fattening p...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFaitele, 28, a mother with 2 children, runs a small business selling tuna sandwiches, toast sandwiches in her community to earn a living. She has been doing this for more ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured is Gladys, a very determined lady and a go-getter. She is 26 years and married. She is a mother to three adorable children where two are schoool-going. She has bee...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesChristina is 41 years old, single and has six children.
She earns a living by raising pigs in the Philippines. Christina is borrowing PHP 20,000 through NWTF to ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jessica, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,849 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.