Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreBoliviaEdgar is 38 years old. He pays rent. He runs a grocery store and he needs a loan to buy more merchandise for his grocery store.
He hopes you can help him becau...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- Food Production/SalesColombiaWith her working hands, Maria has fought hard to get ahead. She is a kind woman, and she has a business selling breakfasts and lunches in the municipality of Bello. Her fut...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Shoe SalesSierra LeoneThe featured leader of this group of entrepreneurs is Fatmata. Thirty-six years ago, she was born in Kenema, an eastern city in Sierra Leone. Married to a businessman for 1...Read their story >Funding via Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT)
- Food Production/SalesPeruGrimaniel is 48 years old. He is in a common-law relationship, and lives with his partner and children in the San Felipe district, Jaén province, Cajamarca department of Pe...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndonesiaGood day, lenders! Meet one of KSPPS BMI’s clients, Maspupah, who is 37 years old and married, and has one daughter and one son. Maspupah has been selling clothes such as s...Read their story >Funding via KSPPS Benteng Mikro Indonesia
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,594 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.