Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaYakubu is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Rahama-Sarki Fada Village. He is a hardworking married man with 7 children and lives in a mud house with his family. He hopes that...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- SewingColombiaThis is Mauro, a clothing manufacturer in a popular neighborhood of the city of Barranquilla. He is engaged and has a 1-year-old daughter. His learning was fairly unique si...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingKenyaRobert is a single man living in Naivasha in Nakuru county and he supports his elderly parents. He is a contractor, part time transporter, and farmer. He is very hardworkin...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoNeshmma is a single young woman who is 23 years of age. She lives with her parents in a municipality in the state of Nuevo León. Neshmma has been working at a training in...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- General StoreKenyaAgnes is 37 years old. She is married and blessed with three children.
Her business is a retail shop, which she has operated for 20 years.
This is h...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,885 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.