Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanKurmanbu has successfully repaid her loan after using the funds as intended. She is thankful to Kiva and to everyone who helped her with the financing. On Kurmanbu's farm t...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayAll together, they are 17 inspired women who are making an effort to meet their expenses and, above all, increase their income. They comprise part of a committee with the g...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMichael is a 57-year-old proud father of 12 children. He is a group leader, often described as a very trustworthy person, and is representing his group of 10 farmers in Tes...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJanet is 40 years old and has 5 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 10 farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Janet has been farm...Read their story >
- Food StallUgandaAbdalla is a married young man with two children. He rents a small, two-roomed house in the outskirts of the city.
Abdalla is a businessman in one of the market...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,155 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.