Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CafeSamoaAna is a 58-year-old, married woman with five children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has seven years of experience with this business.
Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- CattleArmeniaMeet Lyudmila! Lyudmila is a married woman, a mother of three, and a skilled agronomist. Lyudmila is a farmer with fifteen years of experience. The whole family is involved...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Milk SalesPakistanNazia is a 29 year-old, married woman. She is with her husband in the picture. He has run a business of milk selling for many years. He has buffaloes for milking purposes....Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- General StoreEl SalvadorSara lives with her husband who is employed, and their two children aged 2 years and 3 and a half years. She has no other dependents. Sara has a business selling basic gro...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- DairyTanzaniaNoela is the mother of two boys who are in primary school by now. She is married and makes a living by managing a nursery school and raising milk cows. She works from 6 a.m...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,007 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.