Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaSan Lucas Toliman is a welcoming Guatemalan town perched on the shores of the beautiful Lake Atitlan. With a population of 17,000, this town has yet to be hit with the flow...Read their story >Funding via Friendship Bridge
- Animal SalesMaliIn the photo, Youssouf is the man standing in front of the group and showing the bull. He was born in Mali in 1981, and this is where he still lives with his wives and his...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Education providerUgandaGreetings from Uganda! This is Sam. He is the Director of Najjembe Homeland School, a mixed school in the rural area of Buikwe with 600 students. Najjembe Homeland School h...Read their story >Funding via Impact Carbon
- JewelryEl SalvadorAngélica has decided to get a new loan because she needs to invest in her business. With the loan she will be buying steel jewelry such as rings, earrings, necklaces, etc. ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- General StoreColombiaThis is Gicela and she is a 39-year old mother. She works in her grocery store business every day for 10 hours. Thanks to her business, she keeps her accounts up to date an...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,887 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.