Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureHondurasEleno is 53 years old. He is the father of 3 children. He lives with his children and his wife in a small village that belongs to the municipality of Jesús de Otoro, Intibu...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- FarmingKenyaThe lady raising her hand in the photo is Mary. She is 51 years old, married and blessed with four children. She is a member of Centre Development Project Group, which join...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- FishingPhilippinesEsalyn is a 54-year-old woman and a resident of Concepcion, Iloilo, where fishing is the most likely main source of income. Like the other people in her community, she and ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- General StorePakistanHameeda is 55-year-old woman, residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a mother of 6 children. Her husband has been running a general store for the past 6 years. He is the ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- CattleArmeniaGet to know Shoghik! This hardworking farmer is 52 years old. She has been in farming for 20 years. Shoghik is a very experienced and skillful agronomist. She runs a mixed ...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,659 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.