Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Leonard, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. He is 25 years old and, as a group leader, he is representing his group of 14 farmers in ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Beauty SalonCambodiaPhaly is 30 years old and is a married woman with one child, who is 2 years old. She is a hairdresser. Her husband works as a Tuk Tuk driver. Phaly has been in this busines...Read their story >Funding via Chamroeun Microfinance Limited
- Home AppliancesLebanonMohammad Hussein is a 23-year-old youth and a married father of one. He has his own public transportation service while having a secondary job as a school van driver.
Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
- CerealsUgandaYoweri is a very enterprising man who ventured into the business of buying and selling agricultural produce. He is 52 years old and living in Hoima, Uganda. He has been in ...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
- Land RentalEl SalvadorRosa, 55, is a single mother who had to bring up her daughter on her own.
Rosa grew up with her parents in a modest family. She works in agriculture and also sells tam...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,095 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.