Join Sheila's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesBurkina FasoAsseta est mère de 4 enfants dont trois vont à l’école. Elle est vendeuse de semences et intrants agricoles de qualités dans un marché de la place depuis 10 ans. Elle e...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesKenyaMargaret is a young, happily married woman. She runs a cosmetics business and has a supportive husband who motivates her in her business. Margaret sells beauty products tha...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaFor some years, Guillermina has made her living by buying and selling coal—a business, she started with a lot of hard work. She distributes this coal to different businesse...Read their story >
- CateringColombiaKelly is a 39 year old small businesswoman. She lives in the municipality of Palmar de Varela / Atlántico where she has a food stall on her house's patio where she sells br...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSusan, pictured above, has been a farmer for 9 years and is now proud to represent her group of 12 farmers in Matete District. She is 32 years old and married with 4 childr...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sheila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,605 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.