Join Sheila's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesCheryl is 30 years old and married with four children. With three children currently in school, Cheryl works very hard to provide for them.
Cheryl runs a general...Read their story >
- FoodPhilippinesEveshel is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with two children.
She runs a buy-and-sell frozen foods business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 10,000 loan t...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesDolores works hard to support her family. Dolores is married and has a rice vending business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 12,000 loan through NWTF to ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAnecia is 73 years old and married with seven children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and has reque...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesEmelinia is a married woman with five children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. She has two children who are in school.
Emelinia has a fishi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sheila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,705 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.