For m...Read their story >
Join Zoltan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaTi, 44, lives with her family members in a rural village of the Vel Veng district of Pursat province and she has four children, two of whom are dependent.
For m...Read their story >
- Higher education costsParaguayLuis is studying business administration. He has been married for more than 2 years. He says he has a son and he strives to provide him with a decent future and a life wit...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Pictured above are Hla, Chit, Htay, Jan, and Win, the five loan clients from Yae Htwet – 1 (F) village group in Mahlaing Township, Myanmar. A loan funded by Kiva would enab...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesKosovoDobrila is a sweet 64 year old woman who lives with her husband and her son. She is a very hardworking woman who always does her best to take care of her family. She and he...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorNicolasa studied until the 2nd grade. She is a single mother, has 4 children and 2 of them already work.
Nicolasa works selling hot dogs and french fries, and sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Zoltan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.