Join Yvonne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CafeColombiaLeidy is an entrepreneurial and tenacious woman, with great dreams that she has been cultivating and trying to achieve. She has a project to start a small cafeteria busines...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaMom’s Group lives in a rural village in Siem Reap Province in Cambodia. Mom makes a living cultivating rice to support her family. In the village, there is no reliable acce...Read their story >
- FoodPhilippinesLadelyn is a married woman with three children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Ladelyn is 29 years old and has one children who is still in school.
Lad...Read their story >
- LivestockUgandaRauben is an old client in the institution; he is married and has 5 school-going children, he is a resident of Rwere-nyabihinga near the municipality. He has been in this b...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesNicaraguaIsmania has worked for eight years selling beauty products. She lives with her husband and her two children. This 28-year-old woman goes around the streets of her city offe...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Yvonne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,082 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.