Maria has always worked in agriculture, and she l...Read their story >
Join Chris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorMaria is 47 years old, her partner works in agriculture and they have 5 children, but they all have their own homes.
Maria has always worked in agriculture, and she l...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- RetailTajikistanThis young and energetic woman in the photo is Mahina. She is a married mother of a minor child. She sells socks at an open market in Khujand city.
The very goo...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- SewingPakistanSadaf is a woman entrepreneur who is struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 27 years old and lives in a small house with eight family members. She is a skille...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Home Products SalesPakistanZahida is a 42 years old lady and a responsible mother of four daughters. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
She has been running a home products business for t...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- CattleEl SalvadorJorge, 33, has a partner and 2 small children.
Jorge works in farming and his father taught him the trade. Currently, he farms 2 hectares of maize and one of bea...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Chris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,173 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.