Join Chris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketTajikistanGulchehra is 39 years old and is married with four children. She is a market vendor who sells pistachios, almond and nuts wholesale. She has been working for more than four...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesRwandaAbunzubumwe sub grp B is a group represented by Jehovanis who is 24 years old. He is married with a two years old child. The group name means “United people” in English. He...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEcuadorPortoviejo is a city which rises up thanks to the hard but honest work of its inhabitants who saw the destruction passed by the earthquake which happened last April.
...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lender! Get to know Jane! (She is pictured in her house, above.) She is a smallholder farmer from a remote village in the Nyahururu area of Kenya. She started ...Read their story >
- ServicesTanzaniaSophia is in her mid thirties and married with two children who are in secondary schools. She operates a mobile money business which provides profitable services like M-Pes...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Chris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,558 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.