Join Wes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCameroonClaude is a 54 year old married man. He is the father of 8 children aged between 7 and 38 years old, all of them having gone to school. He has had a cocoa plantation in a l...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaMustapher is a married man who has two children. He operates a retail business where he sells sugar, bread, soap, rice, juices, and other products. Mustapher has been inv...Read their story >
- RetailMozambiqueSónia is a married mother of one young daughter. She lives in her own house and is not responsible for anyone else aside from her daughter. She is a small merchant of hair ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJennefer is 48 years old and she has 10 children. She is a group leader representing her group formed by 6 farmers in Chwele District, Kenya.
Jennefer has been ...Read their story >
- Used ClothingHondurasSeñora Norma is a very hard-working woman who is dedicated to her business, which is selling underwear for children, women, and men. She also sells beauty products such as ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Wes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,835 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.