Join Simon on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community! Josephine is a small-holder farmer practicing dairy, sheep, poultry, and crop farming to make a living. She enjoys farming, for it is her means of se...Read their story >
- FoodUgandaAdolf, age 43 years, has five children and takes care of other vulnerable children who otherwise would not have anywhere to live. He works in crop farming as a main source ...Read their story >
- RetailPakistanFarzana is a 36-year-old woman and a responsible mother of a daughter and three sons. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Farzana has been running a food items p...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesTajikistanQurbonhasan is the father of three wonderful children. He has two daughters and one son. Qurbonhasan is an educated and active father. He is 53 years old. Qurbonhasan is a ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaIsabel is a 23-year-old woman. She is single with a beautiful family with whom she lives in a community in the village of Guineales.
In order to have income, sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,531 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.