Join Simon on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEcuadorLidia is 63 years old, married and lives with her husband who no longer works. She is known for being a hardworking and humble person who likes to be positive. She has work...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- FarmingKenyaMiriam is 32 years old and has five children. She has been a farmer for 10 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Miriam is the only one feat...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Food MarketLiberiaGreetings from Liberia. This is 30-year-old Orena, a married mother and businesswoman, who has three children.
Orena has been a trader for three years. Her desi...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Liberia
- RetailKenyaJacob is a Kiva borrower. He has 4 children. He describes himself as determined. He operates a retail business where he sells scrap metal. He has been involved in this busi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Food StallPalestineMahran is 33-years-old from Gaza Strip. He has a daughter and he tries so hard to provide her every things she needs. He has a stall for selling drinks and some packaged fo...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,161 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.