Join Markus on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Hman Cho-8 (D) Village Group is located in Monywa Township whose inhabitants primarily rely on traditional crop farming and raising livestock. They cultivate crops such as ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJosephine is 46 years old and has 10 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 7 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Josephine has ...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesColombiaRosmira is very clear that to get ahead she has to work hard and be very focused. Approximately 6 years ago she began selling merchandise in the municipality of Medellín. S...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaJohn is 53 years old and married. He is blessed with three children.
He has borrowed a loan to purchase general goods for sale, hoping this will generate more in...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePalestineYaser, who appears in the photo, is a 32-year-old man from Dier Al-Balah, Gaza Strip. He is a married man who lives with his adorable wife in a small house. He is the sole ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Markus, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,508 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.