A few years ago, she decided to bear some of her family’...Read their story >
Join VMBC - Mobile | Enabled on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanNasreen Akhter is a happily married woman. She lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her 3 family members.
A few years ago, she decided to bear some of her family’...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Food StallTanzaniaStella, who is in her early forties, is married and has four kids, two sons and two daughters, who are still going to school. She operates a food-vending business famously ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- General StoreTimor-LesteAngelino is 24 years old and married with three children. He has a kiosk that he started in 2011 where many people come to buy goods every day. Running his business has mad...Read their story >Funding via Kaebauk Investimentu no Finansas
- General StorePhilippinesEdna is a 49-year-old woman with five children. She has been working hard for her business, a general store in the Philippines, for five years.
She requested a ...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- General StorePhilippinesEvangeline is 40 years old, married, and has five children. The majority of her children are attending school. Evangeline’s husband is a farmer. Sometimes, if he has availa...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
Kiva lenders, like VMBC - Mobile | Enabled , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,098 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.