Join VMBC - Mobile | Enabled on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cheese MakingBoliviaPetrona is 50 years old and continues to make cheese. She used the previous loan to buy a dairy cow. Her payments were on time because she was able to obtain more milk and ...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- BakeryEl SalvadorSandra studied until the 6th grade of primary school. She is the single mother of 4 children who live with her and are studying. Sandra has worked in agriculture and bak...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FoodKenyaMercy is a married woman with two children, one of whom attends school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expens...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- PoultryColombiaMadeline is 50 years old and lives in the municipality of Caldas. She has a daughter whom she loves more than anything and for whom she works very hard. She has a chicken-r...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Spare PartsUgandaJohnpaul deals in motorcycle spare parts, and he also practices farming in Hoima-Uganda.
Johnpaul is aged thirty-two and a married, hardworking man, who has bee...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
Kiva lenders, like VMBC - Mobile | Enabled , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,215 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.