Join Verdubbeldame on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePakistanJameela, 56 years old, is a married lady and is running a small general store in her community for many years. She offers a variety of grocery items at a reasonable price ...Read their story >
- General StorePakistanQureshan is 39 years old, married lady. She is with her husband in the photo who is running a small general store in his community for many years. He offers a variety of g...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPakistanBabra is a 27 year-old, single woman. She is with her sister in the photo. Among these two ladies Babra is the one on the left wearing a multi color embroided shawl. She h...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPakistanFarzana is a married woman and has been running her own beauty parlour in her street. She is with her husband in the photo. She does her job passionately; she knows the tec...Read their story >
- General StorePakistanShabana is a 41-year-old married women and the mother of six children who lives in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is standing with her husband.
Her husband h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Verdubbeldame, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,672 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.