Join Vanessa on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreDominican RepublicAlexandre lives in Batey in the Romana province of the Dominican Republic. The people of Batey are described as people who live in extreme poverty, as the majority are marg...Read their story >
- Mobile PhonesHaitiJean Junior is 32 years old and lives with his two children. He has sold mobile phones for more than seven years. Thanks to his motivation and determination, Jean Junior ma...Read their story >
- General StoreHaitiFanier has run his small store well. He was able to increase his stock of drinks with the loan recently received, which allowed to increase his income. Fanier is requesting...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesHaitiEliezer is the owner of a store selling food products. He started this business a dozen years ago and his business is very profitable. He is 43 years old, married and the f...Read their story >
- PropertyColombiaRosalba, age 51, is a woman entrepreneur who 4 years ago fulfilled her dream of buying a house. With the purpose of generating incomes for her family she decided to rent so...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Vanessa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,679 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.