Join Vanessa on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsDominican RepublicMáximo Domingo is an Information and Communication Technology Engineering student. He is seeking a loan to cover the costs of his education, here is his story in his own wo...Read their story >
- Higher education costsDominican RepublicCristian Jose is a student of electronics engineering. He is requesting a loan to cover his education expenses. This is his story:
My name is Cristian Jose. I am...Read their story >
- Higher education costsDominican RepublicHermes is a medical student. He requests a loan to cover the costs of his education. Here is his story:
"I am Hermes. I am 19 years old. I was born in the Domini...Read their story >
- Food MarketHaitiTerrilia’s business allows her to increase her income and support herself. Her last loan enabled her to develop her business. In order to avoid any inventory shortages, she...Read their story >
- Food MarketHaitiEmile continues to work very hard to keep his business going. He had a loan recently that he used to grow his stock of onions and garlic. He is asking for this loan to expa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Vanessa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,695 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.