Join Nick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesVictoriana lives with her family in Tudela. She is known for being a hardworking, entrepreneurial, and normal individual who is very friendly with her customers. She set up...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- General StorePhilippinesBernardo is a businessman from Tangub city. He is 69 years old, married, and has expertise in selling. He runs a little sari-sari store and earns a meager income that suffi...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- RetailPhilippinesRodolfo is 63 years old. He runs a convenience store business. He has been running his business for more than three years now, and this is his third time applying for an SM...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesAljun is 27 years old and single and lives in Barangay II, Tangub City, Misamis Occidental. For a living, Aljun works in private company as a collector. Aside from that act...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesJames is a married man who lives in Dicoloc, Jimenez with his nieces and nephews. His wife is working abroad to earn a living. Aside from farming their own land, he is also...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Nick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,135 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.