Join Nick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesJay is a single man who lives in Clarin, Bohol with his family. He earns a living by running a small grocery store. In business for three years, he wants to expand this sto...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRickson has been greatly encouraged by the reliable support of Kiva and CCT as he faces the daily challenges of making a living. The financial aid given to him has helped s...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesPedro is a 60-year-old married man and has two grown children.
Many years ago, Pedro started operating a sari-sari (variety) store, selling various commodities r...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLee is a 35-year-old man, and a father of a five-year-old girl. He and his partner support their daughter by running a sari-sari (variety) store. They have been in this bus...Read their story >
- Vehicle RepairsPhilippinesDomingo is a widow and has 4 children. He wants to help his Children with their living expenses so he has engaged in a transport business. He rents his motorcycle to someon...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Nick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,257 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.