Join Nick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesReynold is a single man who lives with his family in Concepcion, Iloilo, in the Philippines. He earns a living by running a small grocery store and has been in this busines...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLure is a 33-year-old man from Carles, Iloilo. He is a single man and earns a living through running a sari-sari (variety) store business. He has been in this business for ...Read their story >
- TaxiPhilippinesMiguel is from the village of Mialen, Clarin, Misaims Occidental. He is a 54-year-old widower with 5 adult children. He owns and operates a transportation business, a motor...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesGerlito is a 39 -year-old married man from Mayorga, Leyte. He has seven children, ages five to seventeen years old. He has been in the fish vending business for more than ...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesAstron, 49, is a widower and lives in Sta Cruz, Kapatagan, Lano Del Norte, in the Philippines. He operates a service-based business, providing transportation services to lo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Nick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,568 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.