Join Nick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesAnthony is a 56-year-old man and a father of two adult children. He and his wife provide for the family by running a sari-sari (variety) store business. They have been in t...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- General StorePhilippinesEight years ago, Jonathan opened a sari-sari (variety) store where he sells various commodities such as noodles, canned goods, soft drinks, sugar, eggs, soap, and beverages...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- General StorePhilippinesRicardo is 51 years old and lives in Oroquieta City. Ricardo is earning income from his little sari-sari store. He’s been engaged in this business for 20 years already. He ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- General StorePhilippinesOrlando is a hardworking father. He is 44 years old, married and blessed with four children. He delivers different groceries and specially beverages to all stores around h...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- RetailPhilippinesGil has started his small sari-sari (general store) business, which has become profitable. This has helped his profit. Everyday, he makes good sales because of his good sal...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Nick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,585 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.