Join Tyler on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTagiilima is a 57-year old married woman with seven children. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has five years of experience with this bus...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- PigsEcuadorJose is 34 years old and single. He has two children whom he supports financially as much as he can. He makes his living in agriculture (farming and small animal husbandr...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- CattleTajikistanThis 61-year-old man is named Nurali. Despite his age, he still works very hard. Nurali has a wife and three children. He is a specialist in building houses. Nurali has bee...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Motorcycle TransportPakistanRazia is the age of 47 and a mother of six children living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Her son is a driver by profession. He provides transportation se...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Home Products SalesKenyaRosemary is 42 years old. She is married with three children. She has had a secondhand clothes business for 15 years earning great income.
This is her first borr...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
Kiva lenders, like Tyler, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,590 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.