Join Tyler on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorRicardo is a hard-working 54-year-old man who has made a living selling beef for more than 10 years, as well as providing butchering services at his stall. He is a respons...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorThania is a hardworking, 26-year old woman who works making and selling bread, which manages to support her family every day. Thania is a single mother and lives with her t...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoHe's a 32-year-old married man. He works as a manager in an internet cafe.
He was diagnosed with a tumor in the right eye that affects his vision. He's afraid ...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorAna is a 42-year-old woman. She lives with her life partner and her three children of 20, 17 and 14 years old who are studying.
She makes a living selling cloth...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- AgricultureColombiaLelio is a fifty-year-old farmer. He owns his own beautiful field with a spectacular view. He has a rock-solid family composed of his wife and two children. His older ch...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Tyler, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,080 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.