Join Tyler on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KSPPS BMI’s clients, Ati Suryati, who is 42 years old, married, and has two daughters and one son. Ati Suryati and her husband have a smal...Read their story >Funding via KSPPS Benteng Mikro Indonesia
- Beauty SalonKenyaElizabeth is 41 years old. She is married and blessed with three children. Her businesses are a beauty salon and farming, which she has operated for 15 years.
T...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- FarmingTimor-LesteAlda is 42 years old and married with 2 children. She has a farming business that she started in 2014, and grows on her farm to sell to a local market and generate income t...Read their story >Funding via Kaebauk Investimentu No Finansas, SA
- TailoringPakistanZarqa is a 46-year-old housewife who looks after her family, consisting of nine persons. She is well-trained in stitching clothes, providing services in stitching to the pe...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- AgricultureEcuadorOlga, 25, is from the city of Guaranda and lives in Rayo Bajo. She is single and owns a farming business. She grows maize, potatoes, beans and peas. She also raises chic...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
Kiva lenders, like Tyler, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,034 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.