Join Tyler on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle RepairLebanonMohammad is a 22-year-old single man who left school at an early age to help to cover the needs of his family, which consists of four members. He works in motorcycle repair...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
- Charcoal SalesSierra LeoneFatmata is a married woman of four children. She is a group leader and also the borrower. Often described as a very hardworking individual, she is representing a group of t...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- Home EnergyPalestineMaysara is a married man from Dier Al-balah, Gaza Strip.He has two children and works in the public sector so he gets a limited and unstable income. Maysara took a USD loan...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- PigsPhilippinesNice is a resident from the town of Sierra Bullones, Bohol. She is married and has six children. Three of her children are still attending school. She raises and sells hogs...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KSPPS BMI’s clients, Ela Anggaria, who is 44 years old, married, and has four sons.
Ela Anggaria has been selling clothes such as ...Read their story >Funding via KSPPS Benteng Mikro Indonesia
Kiva lenders, like Tyler, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,338 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.