Her family’s ma...Read their story >
Join Tim on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Quyen, 29 years old, is a Thai ethnic woman. She is living with her husband, her son, and her daughter in Mai Son district, Son La province.
Her family’s ma...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution
- RetailJordanYousef is 57 years old and has worked in a store that sells coffee, tea and tobacco for 10 years.
It is a profitable business and helps Yousef cater to his fami...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Food MarketEl SalvadorMaría went to school until the 3rd grade. She lives with her husband and 5 year old granddaughter.
María has been selling chicken, beef and vegetables for 10 ye...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- RestaurantColombiaYolanis, who is 30 years old, wants to start a restaurant business.
Currently, she is requesting the support from a loan to invest in the purchase of ingredients...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesGleceria lives in Aloran and supports her family by building houses from the ground up. She has applied for a loan, which she will use to buy housing materials and paints, ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Tim, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,058 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.